Believers, please define your 'God' if you are able to.

by nicolaou 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Do you still believe in the God of the Bible or some vague Supreme Being? Do you believe in God and still consider yourself Christian? Do you believe that Jesus is part of some Godhead? Do you accept the existence of a God but concede that you cannot define him?

Please tell me who, what, and where your God is?

I'm not spoiling for an argument, just a good hearty debate - if you're up to it.

Nic'

alt

• Honesty
    Honesty

No need for a debate.

My God rescued me from a mind-numbing cult that I was powerless to resist on my own.

His name is Jesus.

John 20:28-29 Thomas responded to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed. Those who believe without seeing are blessed.”

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

So are you a trinitarian Honesty?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    So are you a trinitarian Honesty?

That is a broad statement, Nic. What is your definition of a trinitarian?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Well Jesus claimed to be sent from his Father, so there you have two thirds of the traditional Trinity - the Father, the Son & the Holy Ghost. Do you accept that Jesus and his Father at least are both part of 'God'?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

5' 9" brown hair and eyes. Incredibly handsome. Fascinating, intelligent. Wears glasses. Loves OSI layer 2 and 3.

Lives in sw texas. (gawd's country)

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Well Jesus claimed to be sent from his Father, so there you have two thirds of the traditional Trinity - the Father, the Son & the Holy Ghost. Do you accept that Jesus and his Father at least are both part of 'God'?

I accept that God as Father reigns with care over His universe, His creatures and the flow of the stream of human history according to the purposes of His grace. He is all powerful, all knowing and all wise. I also accept that Christ is the eternal Son of God. He is the One mediator, fully God and fully man in whose person is effected the reconciliation between God and man. I believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine. Through illumination He enables men to understand truth. He exalts Christ. He convicts men of sin, of righteousness and of judgement. he calls men to the savior and effects a regenerative spirit within them. At the moment of regeneration He baptises every believer into the Body of Christ. He cultivates Christian character (which is contrary to WT doctrine that humans cultivate Christian character within themselves). He comforts believers and bestows upon them spritual gifts by which they serve God. He also seals the believer unto the day of final redemption. His presence in the Christian is the guarantee that God will bring the believer into the fullness that is the stature of Christ.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Well now you've done it I-S! Here I am about to debunk the existence of any god and you could likely post a photograph of yours!!

May I join you in worship?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Bow before the great cornholio

Sorry dude for the hijack, carry on.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Honesty, looks like we posted simultaneouseley at the same time. Just want you to know that I didn't overlook your post just to make a flippant comment to IP_SEC.

Gotta go to work now so I'll respond later.

Nic'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit