Believers, please define your 'God' if you are able to.

by nicolaou 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Honesty, looks like we posted simultaneouseley at the same time. Just want you to know that I didn't overlook your post just to make a flippant comment to IP_SEC.

Gotta go to work now so I'll respond later. Nic'

No problem. I would have made an offhand comment to him if I had seen his before I started replying to you. Actually i was commenting on a couple other thread at about the same time as several post came on here. Hey, isn't that what all those computer genius type people call multa askin or sumpin' like dat?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he he, i am a four legged tetratarian actually. all four god legs are part of the same Carboniferous Period divinity. he resides far in the past evolving object oriented survival skills that would change the course of life on earth for a long long time. and unlike the divinities of other religions, i actually have the hard fosil evidence that my god existed:

alt

behold the tetrapod! eat your hearts out abrahams!

ts

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You knew I was gonna reply, didn't ya?

Touching biblical theology I'm a Moderate Calvinist and a Trinitarian, as those appear to be the most logical of the theological options, to me. Touching the biblical inspiration I'm swayed towards Karl Barth, and prefer the KJV.

Experientially I'm a little unorthodox, with a dash of the gnostic, the charismata, the mystic, and a drop or two of the liberal, along with a great enjoyment of Psalmody. I view religion as a useful spiritual tool, rather than letting myself become enslaved by it. The bottom line is "God is love", and I would rather live by the associated laws of love than be judgemental, bigotted and/or legalistic.

Philosophically I'm probably somewhat of a Christ-centred apantheist - a splinter of the Divine existance, by virtue of Christ.

In day to day practice I am so much closer to James Thomas' perspective than you would ever know, though with a lively relationship with Christ.

• kid-A
    kid-A

RELIGION =

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Experientially I'm a little unorthodox, with a dash of the gnostic, the charismata, the mystic, and a drop or two of the liberal, along with a great enjoyment of Psalmody. LT

I wear a bit of celtic jewelry. Does that qualify me into any of the above?

Should I be worried about the origins of my celtic cross?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The bottom line is "God is love", and I would rather live by the associated laws of love than be judgemental, bigotted and/or legalistic.

I agree with the 'bottom line' here. 100%. All the rest of what LT said, I scratch my noggin' and say "What the hell did he say?

List of views from his post, of which I have no clue -

• Moderate Calvinist
    • charismata,
    • enjoyment of Psalmody
    • Christ-centred apantheist

I love ya' Ross, as a brother in Christ, and as the man I have come to respect here. But I have no damn idea what you just said.

Jeff

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

My God is the Creator of the Universe.

Blessedstar

• LittleToe
  • Moderate Calvinist
  • My doctrine is broadly along the lines of Calvinism (which is modified from what Calvin actually first taught), but basically I don't believe in double-predestination. Sorry if these are all unfamiliar theological terms. Try googling it and blame the WTS for not giving you a decent Awake! education

• charismata
  • Belief in what the bible calls "gifts of the spirit", such as healing, prophecy, etc., though I don't believe these are mandatory.

• enjoyment of Psalmody
  • Singing Psalms. Few denominations do this, these days, other than a few old favourites like Psalm 23.

• Christ-centred apantheist
  • Sorry, I typed the wrong word. I meant Panentheist, which basically means that I view God as omnipresent and transcendant of this universe. More simply put I'm a Christian, with eclectic tastes

• Satanus
    Satanus

LT

Touching biblical theology I'm a Moderate Calvinist and a Trinitarian, as those appear to be the most logical of the theological options, to me. Touching the biblical inspiration I'm swayed towards Karl Barth, and prefer the KJV.

Experientially I'm a little unorthodox, with a dash of the gnostic, the charismata, the mystic, and a drop or two of the liberal, along with a great enjoyment of Psalmody. I view religion as a useful spiritual tool, rather than letting myself become enslaved by it. The bottom line is "God is love", and I would rather live by the associated laws of love than be judgemental, bigotted and/or legalistic.

Philosophically I'm probably somewhat of a Christ-centred apantheist - a splinter of the Divine existance, by virtue of Christ.

In day to day practice I am so much closer to James Thomas' perspective than you would ever know, though with a lively relationship with Christ.

Yah, but, can you describe your god?

S

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Satanus:
    Now you're asking for the impossible.

That which can be described is not true...

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit