Do you still read the bible?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

No. But then again I never really did as a JW either. I mean I would read it while at the meetings, but I never really read it on my own as it was just to boring to me. I obviously did retain some of it as I am pretty good at "Bible" topics on Jeopardy.

Purza

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

After some research, I believe the Bible is a book of myths and Astrology. For more info, check this web site out:

www.lightworksav.com

I watched "The Naked Truth".........Wow!! What an eye opener!!

• Lost Diamond
  • Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

Once in a blue moon to remember a quote that appies to something I may be writing about, but not as a inspired bluepring for everything or anything.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I continue to read the Bible, this time with a more open and non biased view. Like anything, we need to take caution on emotionally attaching ourselves to anything without using our power of choice and reason. I'm at the point where I am continuing my studies in the Bible, but have not sealed off my opinons on many of the major issues concerning it.

• tmo1965-2
    tmo1965-2

Whenever reading the Bible make sure it's not a NWT.

I understand scepticism about God, especially after experiencing the WTS. My advice is don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Too often people focus on the church, pastor, decans, church members, when we should be focused on Jesus. All those involved in religion can and will fail you, but Jesus is the only one who will not fail you.

• Think
    Think

Yes, I read the Bible with open mind. And Pray for the Truth.

• lucifer
    lucifer

last night I found my old bible, I needed a piece of paper so I ripped out some pages from the bible and put them to good use haha

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    last night I found my old bible, I needed a piece of paper so I ripped out some pages from the bible and put them to good use haha -lucifer

those thin nwt bible pages are good for rolling huh luci? lol not only do i not read the bible, but my eyes glaze over (like an animal right before he attacks his prey) whenever a biblical text is quoted in something i'm reading. the WTBTS trained me well. i was so brainwashed into not reading anything that wasn't jw... that (now that i don't read jw stuff)...i just don't read anything bible related at all. if someone could reach into my brain and seperate jw crap from bible crap maybe i would. -ms. whip (who threw the baby out with the bath water)

• kls
    kls

Nope , that last time was when i was trying to show the husband the B.S in the jw lit and it fell on stupid ears ,and that was many years ago.

I see no reason to read what had cause wars and so much hurt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit