Do you still read the bible?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

Ever since I was a little kid I was fascinated by the Bible. My interest is what made me an easy target for the JWs in my teens. I'm still as fascinated by it now as I ever was and regulalry read parts of it. Posts from here often get me opening it up. I think its easy to slip into the practice of worshipping the Bible itself though. I enjoy reading it these days and still have this gut feeling that it contains some dark secrets.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Yes, from time to time I read from the New Testament, but very rarely the old, unless I'm after something specific.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I don't even own a bible.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

These days the Bible topics on JWD are about my only reason to open the Bible again once in a while. And I still enjoy it. Apart from that I probably wouldn't read it again, but it's always in the back of my mind whatever else I read (or write).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Not very often... I read about all of the atrocities I can stomach by reading the news.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I read it occasionally when I study specific subjects often in an anti JW vein, usually I read from electronic editions on the internet.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    I read it occasionally when I study specific subjects often in an anti JW vein, usually I read from electronic editions on the internet.

Ditto.

• Mary
    Mary

I do. Makes me feel better when I'm down.

• THE SHOOTIST
    THE SHOOTIST

Having researched the history of the Bible carefully for the last few years, I no longer accept it as a valid guide. I consider it to be fiction with a few historical facts woven in the fabric. I consider fiction books like (The Davinci Code) to be more worthy of consideration and a lot more entertaining. The Bible isn't worth my time and I only use it on rare occasions to discredit its supporters.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Only to try to figure out how Christians, or at least those that call themselves such, think!

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit