"Special" meeting in October?

by Esmeralda 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Maximus
    Maximus

Essie, there are no tie-ins to the annual meeting.

Compare the dates.

Just watch it develop. I will write you anyway.

Love you,
    Max

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

If it is the case that the meeting sites are exclusively in the United States, then I'll guess that the presentation will not be doctrinal in nature. Instead, it will be an explanation to the faithful of some upcoming legal/administrative change made public the day earlier at the annual meeting.

Speculation: the announcement will be related to the operations of the new United States Branch Office and this will include a further legalistic separation between US operations and the global corporations. The idea will be to remove assets from the United States Branch while leaving the branch with as much liability as possible. We could even see a further subdivision of the asset/liability tree if sub-branches are set up in the United States.

An alternative, although unlikely, is that the WTBTS may concede the point on paying sales tax on literature in the United States and re-institute an offcial price list with sufficient profit margins.

And it possible that nothing of great significance will be said and the talks will be an attempt to rally the faithful for the expected upcoming "persecution" and "Satan's media attack" in the US. Of course, the "persecution" will be interpreted as yet another sign of the Big A coming Real Soon Now.

• outnfree
    outnfree

So the date of this "historic four-hour meeting" will be October 7?

Does anyone know what time it will begin?

What do the admission tickets look like?

I'd be willing to try to sneak in unless Fredhall or Maximus are already planning a post-meeting report to the board?

outnfree

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

i will post the details of the meetings when they happen..if i remeber it all.........you guys can thank me later

• Maximus
    Maximus

NYtelecom, you will remember the major points. Trust me.

Max
    Thinking of getting Alan to do a live feed ...

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Some other speculations:

1. The WTBTS will, incredibly enough, start a real charity program in the United States with all the expenses paid at the local level. The motivation being that charitible organizations enjoy substantial legal protection against large financial lawsuit awards.

2. The WTBTS will once again revise the elder appointment arrangement. The idea will be to show that the selection and retension of congregation elders are the responsibility (and liability) of the local members and not Brooklyn. This will help deflect legal claims against the headquarters.

3. The WTBTS will announce the "greater responsibility" of the members in the US and will institute collection plate passing at some meetings to help finance operations in less developed countries.

4. The WTBTS will organize fifty new organizations, one per US state, and these will serve to shield damage to the higher up levels and to simplify legal operations. It could force lawsuits to be decided at the state level instead of the federal and so further insulate and limit financial damage.

5. The WTBTS will announce the creation of numerous subsidiary "governing bodies", perhaps one per branch office and made up of non-anointed. Their apparent independence from Brooklyn will be no more than a convenient legal fiction to further separate the WTBTS elite from the oncoming lawsuits.

6. The WTBTS will distribute odd-tasting Kool-Aid to the attendees.

• LDH
    LDH

Skimmer, I laughed out loud at #6.

Lisa

• belbab
    belbab

Can I take a flying guess too? Back around 1970 while sitting in the backyard with a group of pre-assembly workers before a Montreal district convention, the district servant was titillating us with goodies, saying that new light was going to be announced , something to do with the servants. I piped up, they are going to rotate the servants in the congregations. His faced dropped, and I knew I had hit paydirt. No one had told me, I had been studying the question of deadbeat congregation servants, that had everlasting tenure in their positions but were not gung ho enough for them to be dismissed. What better way to move them around, and based on the scriptures too.

So what about the October meeting. There will be no more official governing body. Our friend, David Splane gave us a hint at the Bethel table, there will be those taking the lead. No one will know who they are. After all, in the days of Jesus, no one of the authorities really knew which one of this group from Galilee was really the head honcho. They all talked the same, dressed the same and all could go out and do miracles etc. That’s why the authorities needed Judas Iscariot. To identify the head one, so they could decapitate the head and thus, they thought, destroy the group. They did the same with John the Baptist, they went for the head .

Sorry I gotta holler folks:

HEY DAVE SPLANE!! ANY BODY HOME UP THERE? YOU ALL GONE TO HAWAII? ARE YOU ALL GOING TO BE LEAD TAKERS NOW? NOBODY GOING TO KNOW WHO IS WHO?

belbab, stealing thunder, maybe.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

You need to be working at your company computer, not reading posts. Thief! ;-)
    Rex

• Moxy
    Moxy

belbab: thats brilliant. that would solve so many problems for them. its seems almost too much to believe. whats this hint from splane you refering to? whatd he say exactly?

mox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit