What Awe's You?

by Golf 34 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Hey you monkey don’t you have better thing to do this Sunday morning?

Like clean up the joint lol love ya

Oh not today ,i have just started to attract flies

• Golf
    Golf

There are soooooooooooo many things that awe me, where do I begin?

When I was younger, the airplane awed me. The many parts and thrust of those engines, I love the take off and landing the two most dangerous aspects of the flight.

I have many others, and you?

Golf

• Undecided
    Undecided

Being alive at 70.

Ken P.

• Golf
    Golf

Ken.P I agree with you 100% Ah, you can talk with true experience. My mom is 92 and she's like that 'Ever Ready Bunny' just keeps on going. Drives her car and still witnesses.

Golf

• bem
    bem

I have to agree, Realizing you have made a connection with someone and expanding on that is pretty awesome. New babies are remarkable. Children amaze me. beauty in nature. Oceans.

• Golf
    Golf

Being in the construction trade all my life it has awed me how different trades are able to work as 'one' to build skyscrapers. Look at the city skyline to see what I'm talking about, its head shaking.

Golf

• poppers
    poppers

Seeing the Grand Canyon - wow! Also, years ago I went to the Huntington Library in Pasadena and wandered into the art gallery. On one wall was "Blue Boy" and on the opposite wall facing it was"Pinky". I had seen photos of Blue Boy before but I had never seen Pinky. I sat transfixed for about half an hour just staring at it in silent wonder - all thoughts stopped completely. Quite awesome. I had never before had such an experience with a piece of art.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I like to watch children playing and hear their laughter. It's amazing to be "in flow" where I'm totally engrossed in a project and don't notice the passage of time. I love walking along the shoreline, listening to waves crashing, squishing sand between my toes, feeling very small compared to the vast ocean, yet still feeling a part of creation anyway. It's also awesome to be mentally in synch with another person and being able to read each other's minds and each other's sentences.

• poppers
    poppers

Make that "Pinkie" - wish I could post a picture. Maybe someone could help me out.
    http://www.huntington.org/ArtDiv/PinkiePict.html

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi poppers,

I agree the Grand Canyon is awesome. As is Niagara Falls. Gotta love those natural wonders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit