What Awe's You?

by Golf 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

This does it for me!

See Explanation.  Clicking on the picture will download
 the highest resolution version available.

• poppers
    poppers

Hi Serendipity - you said, "It's amazing to be "in flow" where I'm totally engrossed in a project and don't notice the passage of time. I love walking along the shoreline, listening to waves crashing, squishing sand between my toes, feeling very small compared to the vast ocean, yet still feeling a part of creation anyway."
    You are describing what happens when you are in your true nature, when the ego and mind have temporarily stopped. Yes, it is awesome, and yet natural because you are more closely aligned with your true essence. You don't notice time because it is the mind which creates the concept of time, and when you are so engrossed in a project/playing/listening to music/walking in nature and toally absorbed in it the mind stops and so does "time".

• poppers
    poppers

Holy crap, DY!!! That IS awesome!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

darth,

yes, the sombrero is my fave as well. i get all teary-eyed when i look at it.

ts

• greendawn
    greendawn

Computer and particularly internet technology how cheap it has become and how much you are able to do with it. With the internet you can search and find an incredible amount of information, contact people even with sound and vision (web camera) and possibly work from home.

Also satellite technology and the scores of channels you can receive whereas before we could receive just 4 or 5 terrestrial channels.

• Golf
    Golf

Life is such an awe! Knowing there is 6 Billion other people existing besides you is mind blowing.

Golf

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The birth of a child

I so clearly remember that awe that this wonderful new creature came from my body. And here she is with all her parts ready for a new life.

I got the same feeling when my grandchildren were born. A child of my child. Well 3 of them so far.

The other thing I am in absolute awe over is the human mind and what it can do to protect us from the most horrific events. The more I learn the more I am in awe. I have watched while people relive these horrific events and had the honor of helping them make sense of these things. Absolutely awe-inspiring.

• Golf
    Golf

Right on Lady Lee, awe-inspiring!

Golf

• troucul
    troucul

hey golf, weed is ok...IN MODERATION....

aside from that, I am in awe of how devious and evil my 18-month-old son is.

troucul- of the "checking-to-see-where-my-car-keys-are-to-make-sure-they're-not-in-the-toilet" class

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

People who can write music

People who can write poetry

When my daughter cracks a funny joke, or writes a poem that rhymes, or draws a picture that looks like something I can recognise (shes 8)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit