Know of any good ways to catch teen pranksters?

by doodle-v 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

OH!!! Danny, excellent idea.

LOL

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yay, Texas! Why can't other states see the logic in this?

• daystar
    daystar

enigma one

Bravado about shooting people with deadly force for throwing an egg on a car eh?

Maybe ya'll will get hit by a bus for crossing against the traffic light walking across the street.

Apples and oranges, my friend. I would not promote shooting someone for egging a car. However, "crossing against the traffic light walking across the street" is not the same as egging someone's car, possibly causing damage to one's personal property.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Why can't other states see the value in having police shoot to kill motorists exceeding the speed limit by 3 mph?

I'd vote for that.

Parking violation? Sniper rifle. Cigarette butt tossed out a window? Taser the bastard. Then kill him. Turning on a "No Turn On Red". Execution squad. Where's the taliban, I hear they are looking for work.

Is it any wonder we have 40,000 gun deaths a year in the USA with this "Don't Mess With Texas" garbage? Good lord.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Daystar....both are breaking the law. No different.

But my point was to show you how absurd talking about shooting to kill some neighbor kid tossing an egg onto a car is.

• greendawn
    greendawn

True you can't kill someone for throwing eggs on your car. Aren't parents responsible in the US for damage caused by their underage children?

I had some minor vandalisms on my car, on two occasions a tyre got slashed perhaps by nasty neighbours.

• daystar
    daystar

enigma one

Daystar....both are breaking the law. No different.

You cannot be serious! Damage to personal property is legally equal to jaywalking? (And don't try to argue that egging can't damage a car.)

But my point was to show you how absurd talking about shooting to kill some neighbor kid tossing an egg onto a car is.

Yes, but you did a very poor job of it. Shooting someone for egging a car, IMO, would definitely be overkill. However, if one tries and tries and tries to get it to stop and nothing is working, in Texas we do ultimately have the right to protect our property with appropriate force.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Look I know you guys are still fighting the Indians down there and need to protect your homesteads. So maybe this is a better analogy. If the neighbor kid is "poking" one of your sheep, which is illegal. Can you shoot him too for "violating" your property? I'm just trying to figure out the line we have set up for deadly force.

This advocating shoot first, ask questions later, bubba schtick, makes people look retarded. Daystar, what happens let's say if your 14 year old boy showed a lack of judgement and he and his buddies, "raised a little hell" and egged a couple of cars, and JimBob two trailers over shoots your child dead? Justice? Didn't think so.

Sorry, didn't mean to interject any real discussion into a "God Bless Texas Whooo Hoooo" thread. It makes my stomach turn when I see such a casual advocation of gun violence, that's all. Gun violence has touched my family, so maybe I just don't like it much.

• daystar
    daystar
    This advocating shoot first, ask questions later, bubba schtick, makes people look retarded. Daystar, what happens let's say if your 14 year old boy showed a lack of judgement and he and his buddies, "raised a little hell" and egged a couple of cars, and JimBob two trailers over shoots your child dead? Justice? Didn't think so.

Sorry, didn't mean to interject any real discussion into a "God Bless Texas Whooo Hoooo" thread. It makes my stomach turn when I see such a casual advocation of gun violence, that's all. Gun violence has touched my family, so maybe I just don't like it much.

Nobody here has advocated "shoot first, ask questions later". So who exactly are you trying to argue with?

If my son were to grow up and become a street thug and harasses another person consistently, well, as much as I'd hate it, he runs the risk of getting shot. I hope that I raise him better than that. He'd better know the person whose car he eggs.

doodle-v says that a friend of hers has had their car egged two weekends straight. Does this deserve some lead to the head? Absolutely not. Elsewhere likely had his tongue firmly against the inside of his cheek... I hope anyway.

No need to get personal here. Real discussion? You compared throwing eggs at personal property with jaywalking...

However, I can understand being a bit sensitive on the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit