Know of any good ways to catch teen pranksters?

by doodle-v 18 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

A friend of ours visits us for the weekend from time to time and he parks his car on the street in front of our house. The past two weekends someone (im guessing they live nearby) has egged his car! I don't think it's a personal thing (meaning I seriously doubt he knows the pranksters personally) rather I think its just some teens walking by seeing an easy target.

Anybody have a good way to catch them in the act? I've told my friend to park his car in our driveway instead of on the street because if they came on our property it would be tresspassing. Any of you been a victim of a prankster or better yet, catch a prankster in the act?

-Doodle-V

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Actually dealing with a situation like this right now. One of our congregation is getting her fence smashed up, windows put out and car egged by a bunch of local kids and is at her wits end.

We'll be heading over there this week to put up a stronger fence, fix the security cameras, paint anti-vandal paint on the top of the fence and face the exposed portion with chicken mesh. Catching them in the act however is not of very much use in the UK since there are no real laws against anyone under the age of 16. I hope you have more luck where you are but I'd opt for protection rather than confontation - get a full canvas cover for your friends car and at least the paintwork won't get damaged. The above mentioned lady had the police visit one of the guilty party - result - her window was put out by friends of the original offender. I'd always opt for making less of a target than starting a block war you can't win.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"Don't mess with Texas."

PENAL CODE - CHAPTER 9

ยง 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
    justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or
    tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the
    other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the
    deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of
    arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during[0] the nighttime[0] , or criminal mischief[0] during[0] the nighttime[0] ; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing
    immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated
    robbery, or theft during[0] the nighttime[0] from escaping with the
    property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or
    recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to
    protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or
    another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
  • blondie
    blondie

I would suggest setting up a video camera and getting them on camera. Works for nannies and obnoxious neighbors.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Yeah TEXAS !

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

LOL Elseware! wish i lived in Texas! Hmm I wonder what Washington State law says?

I would suggest setting up a video camera and getting them on camera; Works for nannies and obnoxious neighbors.

good idea, thanks

-Doodle-V

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or

tangible, movable property
    Just one more reason I love living in Texas...and why can't I get the stupid highlighting to go away???

• Clam
    Clam

LOL Elsewhere - The spirit of Randolph Scott is still alive and well in Texas then!

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Bravado about shooting people with deadly force for throwing an egg on a car eh?

Maybe ya'll will get hit by a bus for crossing against the traffic light walking across the street.

Seems a bit extreme for the punishment to be fitting the crime. Be careful, you might just be held to the same standards.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Use the biblical way. Send 2 bears who kill them all.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit