Archie& Jughead, Richie Rich - COMICS!

by BlessedStar 46 Replies latest jw friends

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

I liked all the ones listed here. I introduced my daughter to Archie when she was 8 and she really dug them.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane! You are welcome seren...I thought it would. These are the things you can laugh at. really laugh. blessedstar

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

http://www.archiecomics.com/arcade/puzzlegames/hangman/hangman.htm

Click on the site above to have a little fun:

Or try it here. I'm not sure this would work.

Score :
    Fails (6):

Blessed Star
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flying High..just how old are you?

I'm 47. Ah, I miss those days of simplicity and less technology. Seems like technology has sped things up, but also brought with it much impatience and discontent.

To Leo's defense, she's too young to remember the genteel world we all grew up in. Sex is not dirty. It's just so visible and too important in today's world. Rather than being special and mysterious, it's just thrown out there with everything else, finding no place of reverance and magic. It used to be the delightful icing on the cake of life, now it's the cake and the icing.Maybe all icing and no cake?(too much of good thing)There really is more to life & additional delightful magical things to dwell on. Like comic books.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Indeed, there seem to be some things in this culture that are still sacred. That's a great thing. Sometimes not all of us know what those things are tho.

I give you all credit for not burning down embassies and issuing fatwas over my cartoon... ;)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I give you all credit for not burning down embassies and issuing fatwas over my cartoon... ;)

You're a good gal. The world has just changed a bit since your critics grew up. I wish you could know how it felt. It's not that sex was a taboo subject. Sometime rent a Doris Day movie from the 60's. One like Pillow Talk with Rock Hudson. Doris provided a healthier view of sexuality than say Madonna. Mature and lovely, romantic and not dirty. Look at some of her later movies and see what you find.

• slugga
    slugga

Oh comics, the bane of my life. If it wasn't bad enough being a dub kid at school I also had the indignity of sharing the same name as a certain superhero's secret identity. I use to have ripped outta me constantly especially as the said superhero used to dress up as a Devil. The Name thing kinda faded as I grew older, people wouldn't recognize my name but then they went and released a film about this character and suddenly I'm "famous" again.

:)

Matt ()

Sooooooooooo close to blowing my I.D here. lol

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

flying:

I'm 47. Ah, I miss those days of simplicity and less technology. Seems like technology has sped things up, but also brought with it much impatience and discontent.

You will hardly find the younger generation reading some good books and some really funny comic books. The mysteries of life revealed too early now - this is my honest opinion. The excitement of growing up is less than what it used to be. The anticipation of entering adulthood.

There is still time to bring this back you know. Bring back the innocence.

BlessedStar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit