My TV Has Demons

by Undecided 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Recently my TV will turn itself on ocassionally. My wife said it has changed channels while she was watching it. The remote was not out in the open, but was in the arm of my recliner. What do you think?

Ken P.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think that for the safety of yourself and your family you should send that TV to me.
    ...and as a demonstration of your good heart attitude it should be sent EXPRESS at your expense. Include some CASH, a nice sandwhich and a six pack and it will go even better for you. After all, this is your family's SALVATION we are talking about. I like big, meaty, cheesy sandwhiches and ice cold beer.
    This is no time to dally with reluctance, hesitation or other excuses for delay!
    The Universal Sovereign has so decreed!

• Undecided
    Undecided

If it starts turning itself off while I'm watching it Nathan, you will get it COD.

Ken P.

• jstalin
    jstalin

They're heeeeerrrrrreeeeee!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Recently my TV will turn itself on ocassionally. My wife said it has changed channels while she was watching it. The remote was not out in the open, but was in the arm of my recliner. What do you think?

Well, either there's a short circuit or other electrical fault, or else the legion armies of Beelzebub have taken control of your television set and are using it to irritate you ever so slightly.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I've had similar problems. This is a very dusty house and in a humid area dust builds up on the circuit boards and then when the TV is on it gets hot and because of the high humidity you get adiabatic condensation. The large amounts of dust then become conductive and sometimes impulses can travel around the board to areas where they don't belong! You can sometimes blow the dust out with canned air or remove the cover and use the air up close! Just be very very very careful! A monitor or TV stores a charge in the capacitors even when unplugged and will light you up!

If it's not that it's demons...

• Clam
    Clam

Ken,

Yes definately a demon is up to his dastardly activities. My advice is to surround your TV with a herd of pigs and then drive both the pigs and the TV off the nearest cliff. A multi-story car park would suffice if you're a city dweller.

• Chimene
    Chimene

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL!!!!!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/corsham/display.var.679655.0.pranksters_tv_switch.php Prankster’s TV switch

A HUNT is on for a prankster who has been using a universal TV remote control to change the channels on other people's TVs.

The mischievous culprit has targeted homes in Pockeridge and Potley, Corsham.

Two complaints have been made to police in recent months and officers are appealing for information.

Sgt Mel Rolph, from Corsham police, said: "We have been told that somebody has bought a television remote control and is standing outside people's homes changing the channels.

"It is a worry because if somebody is watching television and their channels start changing, they might think it has broken.

"If they went out and bought a new television then it becomes a real problem.

"If my TV started playing up I would say let's just get a new one."

3:02pm Friday 27th January 2006

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

ah crap...you're from North Carolina. nevermind.

luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit