GB -> unprofessional

by DannyBloem 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

When I read some post on this board, they give me the feeling thet the GB are some crooked pure evil demons

I do not believe this, for the following reasons:
    First of all I think that the issues that come out are actually few, if you compare it to the number of things printed, done etc.

like the UN thing. Just a stupid mistake probably. A lot to loose, little to win for them. So with most other things.

The worry about exact interpretation of the scriptures, who they believe very firmly, but they have more questions then answers. They are unsecure and try to hide that, because it will not be a neat example if the leaders are not very sure about this stuff too. They are affriad of publishing new light or new information on subjects and are worried about the descrease of the expansion.
    basically they aren't very well trained/educated people, the organisation that they lead has grown way to big for them to really handle. They are advised from all angles, with different views about legal and non legal stuff. They will follow accept some of those, without seeing the concequences (like bulgaria blood issue etc).
    They have very few personal gain.

that is why I think the best word to descripe them is unprofessional

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I hope beyond hope that you're talking about the Governing Body, rather than Great Britain or George Bush...

...though you may have a point, regardless In either case, the main gain is "power"!!!

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Hi

Yes I was talking about the governing body. Lets not get started about my friend bush, although what I wrote does make some sence in this context LOL

I think the "power" the feel they have is limited. They are not living in th ereal world anyway.
    No I really think that they think that they are doing things in the best interest for the "sheep". (including not always telling the truth)

DB

• deeskis
    deeskis

Hi Danny

I agree with your sentiment that individual members may not be crooked or "bad". I just finished reading Ray Franz COC, and he also said some similar things in their individual defence......

HOWEVER..............

As a group that is supposed to be Gods channel, or intermediary I think that they do not have the human characteristic of being allowed to make mistakes.

to describe the UN debacle as being a stupid mistake is on a par with describing Hiroshima and Nagasaki as a "July 4th firecracker"

They misled, covered up, caused countless distress to many people, and they cannot and should not be trusted again.........

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

deeskis,

You're posting at 1 am!!!!!

Go to bed, ya hear!

• wombat
    wombat

(Ozziepost - the girl saw Barnsey at Twin Towns over Xmas and just can't go to sleep)

• James Free
    James Free

Ray Franz has a similar view, that they have generally good intentions etc.

But when I read his excellent books I did not get the same view. They really do like the power, and no way are they humble. Ray Franz knew them personally, and I don't, but I do know many who have really suffered from their interpretations of what is right and wrong - people who have gone to jail because the GB would not allow civilian service in place of military conscription - people who were made to stay in bad marriages because the GB decided homosexual affairs were not grounds for divorce (they are now, but not in the 1970's and 1980's) and many other examples.

And, good intentions or not, they are directly responsible for the pain they cause.

Well, that's what I think.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

deeskis:
    It's the coverup that I find most deplorable, even above and beyond their two-faced interactions with the UN.

It's akin to a guy getting caught in the act, with his pants around his ankles, then going out and telling everyone it never happened but rather that his wife was at fault

The blame aways rests with the rank and file JWs, be it that they aren't working hard enough, or they "misinterpret" what has been said

• sir82
    sir82
    the organisation that they lead has grown way to big for them to really handle.

I have made this comment more than once.

I also think that another significant part of their problem is that, at least until recently, they thoroughly and sincerely believed their own hype. They honestly thought Armageddon was going to come "just a few years from now". So, there were no long term plans, no infrastructure, no heritage to pass on to future generations. Why plan for the future of the organization, if you honestly believe Armageddon is coming "very soon now"? Why take care of your current youth, or encourage them to think long-term, if you believe none of them will ever "grow old in this system of things"?

Now, 11 years beyond the abandonment of the "1914 generation", and 13 after the death of their last spiritual "oracle", they are a quasi-religion / publishing house run by committee, afraid to make any signifcant change, and utterly incapable of planning for the future. To do so would be to admit they were wrong, something that has never happened in 125+ years.

• James Free
    James Free

sorry I don't agree.

The rank and file were not to make plans for the future, invest, get educated etc., but the Org. has always planned for the future. They probably have a 5 or 10 year purchasing/building/expansion plan right now!

Sure, they don't show much interest in the one's leaving by the backdoor while they struggle to bring people in, but that's not due to a lack of planning. Truth is, if you pardon the pun, the Org. needs the newbies, full of zeal and innocence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit