I am trying to be so good & not just rant & rave at this JW board

by justsayin 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    because they'll close it down & make it by invitation only. I have to be clever when I post, so they won't figure me out!

justsayin: Please elaborate. It seems your motive is to simply use the pulling power of JWD to push your own site. Or have I got it wrong?

• kid-A
    kid-A

There are subtle ways to infiltrate pro-JW boards, just ingratiate yourself slowly and subtly start asking more and more "difficult" questions to the dubs.

• PMJ
    PMJ

ok even im confused.your going to teach people on this site that the believes of jehovahs witnesses?but you dont believe it your self?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

From the site. New study full of piss and vinegar.

First off, WELCOME!!!

I think it helps to know someone's background so here goes. I'm sure this will end up getting long, so I apologize in advance! :o (I've cut and pasted the first three paragraphs of this from my first few posts here.)

My name is Amber and I've been a SAHM since April of '05. Here's a little bit about me: My parent's never really discussed religion...then we moved from CA to the Bible belt. We went from having no religion to somewhere it was constantly shoved down your throat and you were quickly condemned to hell for simply breathing. Talk about a culture shock...

My dad was raised a Methodist and mom an Episcopalian, though neither of them ever discussed religion with the three of us kids.

When I was around 12 or so they decided that they'd find a church and that we'd all start going. I don't ever remember going to church before that point. We bounced around from the local Baptist church to a Methodist church 'in town' while trying to find the right "fit". We ended up attending an Episcopal church in the next town (45 min or so away). I guess I was around 13 at that point. I wasn't sure if there was a God or not. They never sat us down and/or tried to explain anything, but we said grace before all of our meals.

I married a great guy the day before our 9 mo anniversary and we've now been married 5 years and have two little girls--"Booboo" who is 3, and "Rooroo" who turned 1 on NYE.

I didn't want my girls going through what I did, so when I was asked if I wanted to try a Bible study, I accepted--but it was only to learn more about DH and his family's religion. The more I learned the more I wanted to learn, and here I am! LOL! :lol I've been studying since I was about 5 mos or so pg with Roo, so around 18 mos? I've been out in the field service (aka "door knocking" :lol ) once already. The experience I had was surprisingly... AWESOME! I got sick shortly thereafter with the Katrina crud that's been going around. It's been a good two weeks since I've been able to go out again, but I can't wait to get back into the swing of things!

On a side note, I'm not here to debate--I won't--but rather to educate others on our beliefs. I want everyone that has a genuine interest and genuine questions to feel free to come here to ask them. I'll research the "official" JW stand on it and answer your question as best as I can. I'll stick to the official stand on topics unless you specifically ask my personal opinion.

Um.... I think that's it... Yeah. I'm done. :rollin

(ETA: Sorry about my spelling! LOL!)
  • willowmoon
    willowmoon
    It seems your motive is to simply use the pulling power of JWD to push your own site. Or have I got it wrong?

I believe you've got it right Ozzie.

willow

• PMJ
    PMJ

ip_sec from your post i got the feeling you are still a jehovahs witness.and your sticking up for our belives.then i looked at your profile and its says nothing like that.sorry if ive read things wrong

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    ip_sec from your post i got the feeling you are still a jehovahs witness.and your sticking up for our belives.then i looked at your profile and its says nothing like that.sorry if ive read things wrong

The only thing I believe in from my dub days is that its wrong to lie, cheat, steal, or kill.

There was some question as to what justsayin is all about so I posted a part of a thread from her on another site.

That is all.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome to the board justsayin

• justsayin
    justsayin

it's not my site - I stumbled upon it today. It's an offshoot of a parenting board.

• justsayin
    justsayin

I am not the site owner or manager. I am a lurker on a parenting board that this Spirituality board is an offshoot of.

I discovered it today. I am no longer a JW. I faded away 13 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit