Can a Sexual Predator Be Cured?

by Kenneson 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    Verse's closest friends and congregation members, Marlin Town, 21, and his wife April, 19, bring their 1-year-old daughter, Kalie, with them whenever they spend time with Verse. Both said it never concerned them at all.

These idiots have no business having a child. I wish we could shoot stupid people.

• jojochan
    jojochan

The thing with verse is, is that he desires to have a theocratic sister as a wife and to have a "normal" family. I had read that in the gaurdian some time ago and it also talked about his past. Very interesting article, he was dangerous around the homless men though, and prison inmates. As small as he looks, don't be fooled, I would'nt want him around me though. I would have to walk backwards around him.

jojochan..keeping on the watch

• jojochan
    jojochan
    I'm going to be attracted to guys forever, and she needs to understand that."

Yo, I gotta give him my ex's email and pic. I bet she would really like him, he would'nt have to bug her for sex at least.

jojochan..the matchmaker.

• skyman
    skyman

If ever they need to kill some one it is when they do something that vile. I believe in the 45 mentioned above.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Cost-benifit.

Can a sexual predator be cured? I dunno, maybe. Do I want to take that chance and be wrong? = Hell no.

Cost is > the possible benifit=stay in prison.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Generally....no.

Blondie's right; the rate of recidivism is the highest of ANY crime known.

These folk, allowing him around children, are lunatics.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Unfortunately, Blondie is right. Sexual offenders usually have the highest recidivism (return to offending and ending up back in prison) rate of any group. About the only way I can think of that one could be cured might be if one had a complete mazeway-realignment (anthropological term for what is commonly refered to as being "born again". It doesn't just occur among Christian groups, and when it really does occur, there is usually a fundamental change in the person's thinking processes that effectively makes them a completely different person. Scientists can't explain it, but it does happen sometimes.), but that is a relatively rare occurence. The predators need to be locked up for good.
    Forscher

• FairMind
    FairMind

Cured? The police say no and I agree. Will they stop molesting children? If they have a conscience, maybe but most likely no. Will they stop being attracted sexually to children? Never.

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

quote "Sure got a .45 I'll show you! damnit, when i saw the heading to this thread that was going to be my response. THAT IS THE ONLY CURE. since becoming a father (and i know more than a few parents say this) if my son was ever victimized in that way. the offenders would be cured. I could shoot a child molester or rapist and sleep like a baby that night.

• still angry
    still angry

You know, I've always had a line of thought that goes something like this...If a family dog attacks and bites a person, especially a child, a community responds with horror and demands that the "vicious" animal is disposed of. It doesn't matter if the animal was being taunted or abused, any harm to a child is unacceptable in a lot of people's viewpoint. UNLESS, the animal is a human, in which case, we have to show tolerance for their predatory and twisted selves? Huh? I'm sorry, if I had an "animal" that was a predator of my children, I guarantee they would meet an untimely demise. It's absolutely no different for people. Personally, I feel very sorry for people that are wired wrong and are predators of their own kind, because they are defective and need to be disposed of. I don't care what people feel and do as long as they are not harming others, period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit