Adam and Eve

by GramblingMan 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods

Maybe I should get into the safer waters of this thread rather than that dangerous flood and creation stuff...

A Question: I seem to remember back in the 60's a change in understanding over this-- either they decided Adam could MAYBE come back where they did not before or the reverse thereof...

I also remember many oldtimers getting pretty much up in the air over this change; maybe as much as they should have been over the generation, the UN, or 75.

Does anybody remember the real details of this?

• Think
    Think

There will be ' brighter/newlight" about Adam&EVE in soon coming Awake in 30089, please keep coming to ALL MEETING as not to miiss life saving information, we love you and care about your Life ( wallet).

Yours Brothers/wolfs in Crooklin

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    A Question: I seem to remember back in the 60's a change in understanding over this-- either they decided Adam could MAYBE come back where they did not before or the reverse thereof...

Do not know. You do not hint to the people of sodom & gemorra?

I also remember many oldtimers getting pretty much up in the air over this change; maybe as much as they should have been over the generation, the UN, or 75.

Can not imagine. This is not a big isue I think. Who cares if the naked guy and his chick returns. That reminds me, how a sister got really upset when a elder told from stage that in the paradise we would all be naked (he had some private new light from Jehovah meybe).

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is absolutely nothing in the Bible saying that Adam and Eve will not be resurrected or for that matter that anyone will not be resurrected, in fact it says that all dead will one day rise up.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Grambling man,

Welcome to the board!

• GramblingMan
    GramblingMan

serendipity ,

Thank you

• Legolas
    Legolas
    No I'm not a JW, my wife and my step-children are JWs. She came into it by marriage and the kids were born into it. I will never be a JW and I have told my wife as much. I just can't get pass the false prophets, so whenever she claims the truth I reminder her about the predictions.

HA Ha....Good for you!

Welcome to the board!

• The Chuckler
    The Chuckler

One of the biggest flip/flops of WT doctrine is whether Lots wife would be resurrected or not.

If they can't decide on the fate of a minor character, how can they decide on what happens to a major character like Adam?

The WT have never let details like the Bible get in the way of their doctrine.

• Carmel
    Carmel

The Story of Adam and Eve

If we take this story in its apparent meaning, according to the interpretation of the masses, it is indeed extraordinary. The intelligence cannot accept it, affirm it, or imagine it; for such arrangements, such details, such speeches and reproaches are far from being those of an intelligent man, how much less of the Divinity -- that Divinity Who has organized this infinite universe in the most perfect form, and its innumerable inhabitants with absolute system, strength and perfection.

We must reflect a little: if the literal meaning of this story were attributed to a wise man, certainly all would logically deny that this arrangement, this invention, could have emanated from an intelligent being. Therefore, this story of Adam and Eve who ate from the tree, and their expulsion from Paradise, must be thought of simply as a symbol. It contains divine mysteries and universal meanings, and it is capable of marvelous explanations.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Some Answered Questions, p. 122)

• ezra
    ezra

jehovah imposed a death sentence on adam and eve and satan by expelling adam and eve he cut them off from the tree of life and forbidden to get to it.the tree of life was jehovahs provision of everlasting life,throughout bible history those who have been executed by god were judged and when judged by god ,it means permanent death numbers chpt.16.korah and those who sided with them were judged and put to death by jehovah. john 16;11 the ruler being satan and pointing to his future we know that jehovahs judgement is final and when destroyed satan will be destroyed permanently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit