Adam and Eve

by GramblingMan 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GramblingMan
    GramblingMan

Can someone direct me to scriptures in the bible that show that Adam and Eve will not be ressurrected. I ask because my wife, who is a JW insists that this is bible base, yet she cannot provide me any scriptures.

Thanks

• Think
    Think

This is JW beliefs. I NEVER FOUND THIS IN THE BIBLE.

• Think
    Think

GramplingMan, are you JW too ?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Gramblingman welcome to the board

Well, it is not in the bible.

But the reasoning the give is as follow.

Adam and eve were created perfect. So when they sinned, that had their chance.

Jesus died for our inherited sins, adam had none, so jesus randsom is not applicable to him.

Danny

• Think
    Think

Assuming that their reasoning is right. According to 100 years old history of JW,

They been WRONG so many times, ....how can you be sure that any thing they teach is correct? Even Fraz in his book said that they should start from 0, from Genesis 1:1.

Me, personally, I will not trust them even for a penny.

• Rook
    Rook

I agree with Think.

• Think
    Think

Thanks Rook for compliment.

If you keep with me, I will promote you to an ELDER !

• Rook
    Rook

Oh my my...i don't think that i'm that good. Thanks anyway

• GramblingMan
    GramblingMan

Thanks for getting back to me

No I'm not a JW, my wife and my step-children are JWs. She came into it by marriage and the kids were born into it. I will never be a JW and I have told my wife as much. I just can't get pass the false prophets, so whenever she claims the truth I reminder her about the predictions.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It may surprise her to know that in Jewish Intertestamental and Rabbinic works Adam is often elevated as near god-man status. He was hailed in some circles as a model prophet. (a whole body of literature ascribed to or about Adam and Eve was popular) There were many opinions about such matters in Christianity's formative years and one can find some limited support for most any opinion today. Interstingly Russell felt that the ransom paid for Adam's sin and that he will be/was therefore forgiven. The verses in the NT used to endorse the doctrine of unforgivable sin are being misunderstood. Even to a diehard Bible literalist there is no way to say that Adam rejected Jesus. The WT need examples for its doctrine of unforgivable sin and Adam seemed an easy target so they built over him a tower of inferences to keep him in the ground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit