Did Anyone Try to Warn You About the WTS?

by tmo1965 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tmo1965
    tmo1965

Did anyone try to warn you about the WTS before you saw the light? How did you react to the info? Did you resent the person / people who told you?

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Some of us weren't so lucky... Some of us were dragged raised up in that religon. Personally no one tried to warn me, probably because I was well and truly entrenched into it. I would hazard a guess that this would be the case for most people in my situation.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

No. I was indoctrinated back in 1973 and most of the people I hung with were unaware of them, except that all knew they knock on doors and preach.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I remember coming across a fair amount of "APOSTATES" at the doors, being the ignorant witness I was though everything they said no matter how logical just sounded like tragic nonsence to me.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Yes. The "apostates" at Stadiums. I remember my 1st encounter. As we were arriving to the assembly, "DO NOT LOOK OUT! DO NOT LOOK OUT!!!. Damm! I wish I could have looked out. I would have listened!!! I was only about 6. Now I am past my 20's.

But no one really did it personally. My cousin, sort of tried to warn me. I was trying to help him understand how the Revelation prophecy applied to JW's in the 30's he said...how do you know it does not apply to another religion? Damm. No answer but left it at that. That was the freakin' seed that did not germinate.

WAC

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Yes - unfortunately though, they did this in a hysterical and irrational manner:

ie. Raved and ranted on and on about "that lot" being full of s#*t ect. ect. ect. - without presenting any evidence to back their accusations up.

Consequently, it had the opposite effect on me to what they intended - I concluded that these were the ones who were really full of s#&t, and switched off.

Jack.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

raised in the religion, so no...

saw some of them with banners later (after baptism) enough to be curious. They had bible text (forget which ones exactly). Looked then up, but made no sense to me. (Still would not probably). So forgot about it.
    Then fought my own way out of it true education

• FairMind
    FairMind

Mom did and I should have listened.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

The first time I heard something that could have been a chance to learn the truth was when a teacher asked me when the Witnesses started. I replied (what an idiot I was) that we had been around since the 1st century christians. I had reasoned in my mind that we were true christians and that the parable of the wheat and weeds meant that from the 1st century down to the late 70's (this was when she asked me) there had always been such true christians. She later showed me a book showing that CT Russell formed the bible students which became JW's. I was shocked but just left it there and didnt pursue it

Much later on I looked back and realised there was no such 'connection' between CT Russell and other annointed followers of Christ. He basically just appeared and using some doctrine's we now know he borrowed started a new faith. I only recalled her question as I was contemplating all the lies I had been told.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There was a friend that told me things like: "why doesn't the multibillion WTS help its members that are in need, even the loyal ones?"
    He also mentioned that they use clever psychological tricks to deceive people and that Russell was a zionist free mason and a conman.

I wish I had listened to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit