***FLUFF ALERT***** Funky Foods

by Big Dog 29 Replies latest social humour

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish. Although there are many recipes, it is normally made with the following ingredients: sheep's pluck (heart, liver, windpipe and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for several hours. In this state it somewhat resembles other stuffed intestines, otherwise known as sausages, of which it is among the largest types. There are also meat-free recipes specifically for vegetarians which supposedly taste similar to the meat-based recipes.

Haggis is traditionally served with "neeps and tatties" which is mashed turnip (Scots generally refer to Swedish turnips as 'turnips' rather than 'swedes', hence "neeps") and potatoes.

Sounds pretty tasty, huh? lol

• damselfly
    damselfly

I will never try Haggis and no one can make me I have heard that you can buy haggis canned, I can only imagine that the only thing worse then haggis itself would be haggis from a can. Can't you just picture it splosling onto the plate!? Blech!!

Dams

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Then there is always vienna sausage... lol I actually like these...

alt

• caligirl
    caligirl

What are those fried intestine thingies that they do down south, Chitlins or something like that? That's pretty funky. (no offense meant to anyone in the south who may like them)

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    What are those fried intestine thingies that they do down south, Chitlins or something like that? That's pretty funky. (no offense meant to anyone in the south who may like them)

None taken by this Southerner... I think chitlins (sometimes called chiterlings by older people) are absolutely the grossest thing in the world. A close second are Pig's Feet.

CountryGuy

• caligirl
    caligirl

Oh, pigs feet are definitely yucky. I hate seeing them in the grocery store!

And what about head cheese. Yuck!

My husband would say I have no right to say anything about weird food since I eat escargot, but I guess everyone has to draw the line somewhere right?

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

B&M Bread in a Can. Although the funkiest smelling food I have ever experienced were balut boiled in malt liquor. It made my friends' house smell like poverty.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I know many who are grossed out by crawdads

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Little Debbies snack cakes. I mean its bad enough to eat sweets, but that stuff is so nasty it is definitely worth the calories, I think the worst of the bunch are the Zebra Cakes, blech.

• Clam
    Clam

Jellied Eels

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit