Have you donated blood ?

by wombat 19 Replies latest jw friends

• wombat
    wombat

Oops ...sorry...

In spite of our protests, how do we ex-dubs feel about donating blood and have we done it?

Why not?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I haven't yet, but I would like to. I'm just a little queasy around blood and needles!!

BB

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, next weekend will be my 10th time. I figured if I qualified and I was going to accept blood and blood products, I should donate. I don't like needles but I have adjusted.

Blondie

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I haven't yet and am not sure when/if I will. The thought of watching my blood being pumped out of my body kind of grosses me out. The thought of being without it if in need due to losing it involuntarily, though, scares the crap out of me more.

• JH
    JH

I don't mind giving, and I did it twice up to now.

I'll do it again and again...

• Scully
    Scully

When I started donating blood, it was the result of going to a seminar for people who wanted to be part of the International Unrelated Bone Marrow Donors Registry. I talked to the staff about donating blood too, and decided that donating blood was not much different from donating bone marrow, in terms of the "product", and that JWs could definitely accept donations of bone marrow, the Bible even talked about eating marrow in terms of being a delicacy. It made any WTS objections to blood transfusion and donation even more absurd.

I have made over 25 donations since 1999. Each one is an incredibly freeing experience.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not yet, though I would like to, maybe when I get all the kids in school.

I was a member of a bone marrow donor database. I dont think my name is still on the rolls, but I'm thinking of doing it again. More people of color are needed.

Josie

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I'd been meaning to and putting it off and so on, but I finally broke down and did it the other day. Like LonelySheep said, it seems weird to watch your blood -- voluntarily -- leaving your body. But it feels good knowing you're working with the rest of mankind in supporting this blood banking venture. Incidentally, I didn't feel woozy or dizzy or anything, though I did get sleepy around 8pm and ended up going to bed early. There were no effects the next day or since.

That it's a productive way to give the finger to the Watchtower is just a bloody bonus!

Dave

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I haven't yet, but I will!

• wombat
    wombat

Apart from the scaryness (scariness?) of needles and the sight of blood, is there a little nagging thought that maybe you shouldn't? After all, it's not compulsory to donate blood. Maybe just bother about it. Is a little bit of the WTS living on inside you?

Bloody hell....It did with me for years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit