CO calls meeting to discuss association with my parents

by Stress Free 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Stress Free
    Stress Free

I'm so furious at the moment my keyboard is smoking whilst I'm typing this message. I just got informed through one of my contacts that at the recent visit to my parents cong the visiting CO brought the elders together to discusss with my father who is still an elder, to decide if he should be allowed to associate or even speak with me.

Who in the hell do they think they are? I have never been disfellowshipped and have yet to disassociate myself. We walked away over two years ago and have tried to keep a low profile when it comes to the jdub world but I know they tag me as an "apostate". My relationship has already been strained with my parents since walking away, this will only destroy it. Even though we disagree with each others beliefs we really have not discussed these differences for over a year as I did not want to provoke the situation. What puzzles me is that I have never even been in their cong, so what is stirring this up. Are they afraid that with the knowledge I now have in knowing the real truth about the truth that I may pose a threat to them. Nothing would make the local elders more pleased then to disfellowship me or do what ever they call it now, but they can't get enough evidence against me.

My parents are now in their seventies and they do not need this type of pressure. Although we don't share the same religious views now, in my book nothing has changed, I still love my parents. What this has fully proved to me is that without a doubt they are a vindictive thought controling cult that is hell bent on destroying families.

I am going to contact my parents later this week and see what kind of reaction I get. Will they choose the society or will they choose family? I will post the outcome.

• lucifer
    lucifer

wow that is sick (((stress free))) it must be jehoovers spirit directing them, hopefully they are not fully brainwashed to see that family should come before anything

luci lu of the disgusted class

• damselfly
    damselfly

Sorry sweetie. I'll be hoping for the best for you. Keep us posted.

Dams

• myself
    myself

(((((((SF)))))))) I hope all goes well this week. What a time for them to start messing with your parents emotions. A hopeful pattern I have seen among some of those getting older is that they look more seriously at cutting ties with their children. Since things have gone okay for the past year between them and you I am hoping this is the case. We are here for you.

Karla

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Stress Free I am equally as disgusted at this.

Why on earth do they feel compelled to discuss such a thing when you are a fader? I don't get that at all. How dare they try to manipulate your parents like that.

It is people involved in the JW organisation like this that I absolutely detest.

Please do post the outcome.

Where abouts in Oz are you?

• geevee
    geevee

This sucks big time. Yes who is behind it and why? Do you have siblings that are "in"? Or jealous friends?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Stress Free,

Like misspeaches wondered whereabouts you are? We're planning a meal together of JWDers at the Apostates Restaurant one Sunday evening late-Feb if you can make it. We'd love to meet up. Cheers, Ozzie

• garybuss
    garybuss

There's a purge going on right now. The elders will silence and isolate anybody at all on the radar screen seen to be a possible threat. They don't have any power over us, so they have to enforce compliance on those they do control.

I'm convinced the Society has two different departments responsible for recruitment, retention and compliance. The Writing Department seems to be taking a much softer line than the elders are practicing in the trenches. It makes me think the Service Department is taking the opposite direction and is responsible for the hard line we read about every day on these forums.

I'm not sure if the division is on purpose, of if there is really a struggle going on and it's become so obvious. I think there's a struggle.

Or could it be the elders are out of control?

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

((((SF)))) I know the feeling you're going through right now. I have faded for the past 1 1/2 yrs now, and my wife and kids are still in. I as well am not DF'd, but am sure being shunned big time. It really sucks that they are after you like they are. I cant believe they have the nerve to do this behind your back. But thats the way they are. Scared sh-tless with no balls. My heart goes out to You and yours. Please let us know the outcome. We are always here for you. Keep your chin up.

• dinah
    dinah

Really sad. My keyboard could smoke too. There's an old saying that something should happen to them and the horse they rode in on. See, I'm TRYING to be nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit