CO calls meeting to discuss association with my parents

by Stress Free 27 Replies latest jw friends

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

I'm too for words.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Not disfellowshipped or disassociated? You would think that these 'Elders' would want to lovingly find out what is stumbling you and try to bring you back into God's Organisation (time being short and it being their duty to save all they can) not drive you further away! Can't they see?

Hope things go well - and if your 'contact' has got his facts straight, I hope your parents aren't put in an impossible situation.

• Think
    Think

Flash,

I agree with you ! The all world is watching the Watchtower, and many come to the same conclusion. BAD, BAD, VERY BAD SLAVE !

Matt 24:48-51 " But and IF that evil sevant shall say in his heart , My lord delayeth his coming;

And shall begin to smite his fellowsevants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him,

and in an hour that he is not aware of,

And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. "

Matt 24:48-51

• joelbear
    joelbear

its just eerie, people sitting in a room discussing who you can talk to.

• RodentBoy
    RodentBoy

What an obscene way to apply the screws to you, Stress Free. It's shameful, but of course, it's all in the name of God, so it's okay if they cause your parents such pain.

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((((Stress Free))))))

• RodentBoy
    RodentBoy

garybuss wrote:

I'm not sure if the division is on purpose, of if there is really a struggle going on and it's become so obvious. I think there's a struggle.

Or could it be the elders are out of control?

I think you may be on to something. I know one of my aunts has been saying "Oh, the Society is so much more tolerant and forgiving than it used to be, now that there's new blood at the top" (whatever that means), and yet I heard just a year or so ago that an older brother (who was a good friend of the family at one time) was disfellowshipped for something that apparently happened decades ago. The worst part about this is that he's in his late 70s or early 80s, and due to advanced Parkinson's Disease, is in a extended care home. My grandmother, who due to being housebound and the fact that, oddly enough, ministering to the elderly doesn't seem to be big on the elders' agenda, doesn't know as much as she'd like, has still heard that a new group of elders has come in, and a few of the old time elders (who had had there positions since I was a kid, twenty years ago) were deleted, and that there's been some moving and shaking going on.

I know one lady who is a dear friend of my grandmother's whose husband lost some responsibilities at the book counter because they had attended their son's high school graduation (well that's what they figure, as the explanation given was pretty vague). It looks like every sin real and imagined is being put under the microscope now, though apparently the other congregation in town hasn't been hit by this new wave of uber-morality, so I'm not sure what that means.

• onesong
    onesong

My thoughts are with you stressfree. I went thru the same thing not long ago. My parents were counseled to limit their association with me to emergencies only. ( This was before I D'Ad)

It really hurts because they live close by, we've always been close and now their getting up in years and will need my help. These damn rules are like an invisible wall between us--I hate it!!!!

Maybe this will help your parents open their eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit