Bizarre Comment from Platform about Blue Crystals and Elijah's Fire

by Severus 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Not able to host the scan here, sorry : ( Anyway the article briefly mentions a letter sent from a Prof. A.Freeman,LL.D.,Litt.D., to the editors of The Flame (May-June issue) of the Bible Exhibition in London where there were thousands of Biblical exhibits. There was a stone found by archaeologists that was found to be a piece of the altar of Mt. Carmel dated 3000 years old. Imbedded in the stone was a blue transparent crystal, that was later compared with that found in the area of atomic bomb testing in New Mexico and the bombing of Hiroshima.

• Nathan Natas
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Well, that's a bit big, isn't it?

The text version:

Atomic Energy on Mount Carmel

Professor A. Freeman, LL.D., Litt.D., in a letter to the editor of The Flame, said :

"Your mention of Mount Carmel in The Flame (May-June issue) reminds me of some facts revealed in the Bible Exhibition at Pembridge Road Hall, Notting Hill Gate, London W. 11, where there are thousands of Biblical exhibits. Two of these, to my mind, prove once more how historically and scientifically correct is the Bible. From New Mexico, in U. S. A., comes a blue transparent crystal. Here the first test bomb (atomic) was exploded, and all over the area were these crystals. I have a crystal found by the archaeologists which looked exactly like the one from New Mexico (and also those found after Hiroshima). I had the two crystals examined by a noted analyst in London, and he declared they were exactly the same. This stone bearing the crystal came from Mount Carmel, and was over 3,000 years old! The crystals were embedded upon it. In 1 Kings, chapter 18, we read that fire came down from heaven and destroyed the offering and the large altar stones. The stone in my possession was one of the fragments of the altar stones! The same forces at work—made by God in the beginning and just discovered by man. How true is the Bible!"

DECEMBER 22, 1948 19

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I remember some discussion one time about this incident..........don't remember the blue crystal part, but, I do remember them making the atomic energy comment.........

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Interesting... a rumor of a rumor published in a magazine also known for publishing an article that stated that Aspirin was harmful to the heart.

Aspirin–The Menace of Heart Disease [ The Golden Age, Sept. 23, 1936, p. 822.]

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Is this the same guy who made an expedition to Mt. Ararat in search of the ark? *snicker*

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    a magazine also known for publishing an article that stated that Aspirin was harmful to the heart.

My God, how stupid are they?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    If the organs [of your body] are diseased, heal them by correcting your diet. Avoid the use of aluminum cooking utensils and alum baking powders as they are injurious to your health, poisoning your blood stream... Sleep on the right side or flat on your back, with the head toward the north so as to get benefit of the earth’s magnetic currents. Avoid serum inoculations as they pollute the blood stream with their filthy pus.... Stop chewing gum, as you need the saliva for your food. [The Golden Age, Nov. 12, 1929, p. 107.]
  • Forscher
    Forscher

The "crystals" are called tektites. Naturally occuring tekties are thought to be either lunar in origin, or products of large meteor impacts. They are also found at sites of nuclear explosions, although the article I'll link doesn't mention that. It is possible that the scientific community is using a different name for the examples of nuclear origin since I can't seem to find any references to nuclear explosions in any of the articles I've checked (see below about the ones found at the site of the first nulcear explosion, the trinitites). They are not "crystals", rather, they are glass made up of material fused under high temperatures. I would assume that the tekties associated with nuclear explosions would also contain unused urainium or plutonium, since not all of the fissionable material is used up in the explosion.
    Wilkipedia on Tektites

The tektites found at the site of the Trinity explosion are called "trinitites", whether that name has been extended to other tektites of nuclear origin, I don't know.
    Trinities

• Gregor
    Gregor

There were some blue crystals found in acheological digs at the site of Sodom and Gomorrah. They turned out to be Tidy Bowl tablets. They also found a lot of foil condom wrappers, KY Jelly tubes and copies of music for ancient show tunes..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit