Bethel "Vow of Poverty" documents scanned.

by What-A-Coincidence 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Think
    Think

Rapetower Worldwide

25 Columbia Heights

"Religious ORDER"

Dear Brothers

" Under the Rape/care and misleading/directions of the False Prophet/Slave/Master and under the Iron hand/loving hand our Stupid/wise Elders we Order you to slave for nothing/ destroy you.........

you know the rest of the history

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

That's how Nathan Homo Knorr and Juggerford got themselves to the top.

After all - look at the Pope:

His vow of poverty has given him control of vast wealth.

His vow of obedience has given him power over millions of lives.

His vow of chastity ..... ?

Note that Brothel don't expect a vow of chastity!! Why do you think that is?

Bethel gives super sex? No thanks I'll just take the soup.

HB

• rebel8
    rebel8

Elsewhere, thank you once again for hosting items of interest!!

I could swear I was taught in the '70s or '80s that one of the identifiers of a false religion, such as described in the "divisions and sects" quote posted earlier, is creating separate orders. I remember being told one way you can be sure (for example) that the Catholics are a false religion is because they have religious orders such as nuns and monks who set themselves apart from the rest of the members. Now they are doing that very thing?!

Not that any non-jw would be the least bit interested in this contradiction....but if there was a more in-depth literature quote stating there should not be religious orders, it would be an opportunity to show yet another contradiction of the WTS.

From guidestar.org:

RELIGIOUS ORDER OF JEHOVAH WITNESSES
    25 COLUMBIA HTS
    % PATRICK J LAFRENCA
    BROOKLYN, NY 11201

GENERAL INFORMATION
    • This organization is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity.
    • This organization is not required to file an annual return with the IRS because it is a church.
    • Contributions are deductible, as provided by law.

Ruling Year:1992

And from the glossary on that site:

Ruling Year: The year that the IRS granted an organization 501(c)(3) status.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    I remember being told one way you can be sure (for example) that the Catholics are a false religion is because they have religious orders such as nuns and monks who set themselves apart from the rest of the members.

That is true. The nuns dress up like penguins and the monks wear burlap bags and sandals.

• rebel8
    rebel8

bttt

Does anyone know if there is a current JW teaching against religious orders, or has there been a teaching against it since 1992 when they established their own religious order?

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Another interesting thing about the 501-C3 designation is FEMA has the right to appropriate and use the building, the land and all assets of Churches(who are 501-C3) when they deem it a "natural disaster". (There may even be other reasons they can do this as well.) In the 70's the Government decided that the Minister of a 501-C3 Church would be designated as an "employee" of the corporation. I wonder if that is the case with the governing body? In essense then they would be working for the Government.

I agree, the more I look, the more I see, many of the same things JWS condemn the Catholic Church for, they are guilty of themselves. It's pretty ironic to say the least...

• smiddy
    smiddy

You learn something every day , even 9 years after this was first posted .

smiddy

• Esse quam videri
  • smiddy
    smiddy

This post was made some 9 years ago is their anybody out their that can verify whether this policy still exists or not ?

Does it still apply ?

smiddy

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I wonder if this vow of poverty can save them from a class action lawsuit instigated by all those laid off without pay and nowhere to lay their head?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit