What does the word "Apostate" mean to you now?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Think
    Think

Hello reneeisorym,

Welcome on board !

Make yourself comfortable like in your home.

Also, If you have one, put your seatbelt on !! You are going for a Ride !

You are free to express yourself, that is the Freedom in the Land of the Free from mind and body opressors like Rapetower.

• pmouse
    pmouse
    What does the word "Apostate" mean to you now?

To me it now means "enlightened one".

• atypical
    atypical

1. Apostate = a trigger word used to inspire hate and fear in the minds of active witnesses. Someone who knows the "truth" and deliberately leaves and tries to take others with him/her. A person who most deserves to die at Armageddon.

2. Apostate = me, a name, I call myself............

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Think and others,

The modern English dictionaries cited, while good, are not consistent with the ancient Koine Greek word, apostasia. The reason is that the modern English usage has drifted from the ancient Koine Greek usage. Therefore, the meaning placed on it by Websters is for modern English only. Modren English also allows the word to take on a noun form, something not found in ancient Greek writings.

As I posted above, apostasia is a simply Greek verb which means to stand away or apart from. In Greek, one could easily stand away from the grocery store. However, as used with respect to Jesus, it simply means those who have seperated from Christ. It has nothing to do with a title or label, or being a bad person.

Jim W.

• Think
    Think

Yes my Brother,

We know the meaning of the word, but as you already know,

People use same words for many different uses/meanings, and many times the meaning what they understand is the opposite of the truth.

Some will say: bad is good and good is bad.

For to many people, because of religious teachings, Love between man and woman was something dirty, shameful, taboo...

This is the opposite of the truth.

Love is something beautiful, wonderful, and not dirty.

For to many JW apostate is bad word, the friends will cry: " you will die at armagedon! You abandon Jehovah ! You abandon the truth ! You abandon Jesus Christ ! You abandon us, family friends !

So, to many of the milions who left out of conscience because of false teachings, this is a painful word, they are already have very low self-esteem, doubts, broken heart. The evil society has a long history of making trash out of something beautiful. Marriage and sex was painted as something shameful, selfish, dirty.

We all know why now. The only thing Right to do and glorified over and over and over was to slave more for the Borg, to pedlle more magazines of the dirty cult.

So, to label somebody apostate was the last kick to a person who was already bring to ruin by trying to practice JW cult. Everybody was avoiding this label like disease, because that is whot the Rapetower put in the minds of the JW cult members.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

An apostate is just Watchtowereese for a thought criminal. That's what apostate means to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit