Life in Bethel & Ex-Bethelites know if the GB prayed together?

by Sheepish 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Thank you guys for sharing the Bethel scoop! Trojan, I feel for you man! Today in the meeting I thought I was gonna toss my cookies, with all the talk about "Babylon the great's Demise" bla bla bla, "acting decisive now" bla,bla, bla! I don't know how you can sit through all of that nonsense, but I know what you mean about it not being simple to walk away, my husband and I are finding ourselves in this predicament also, I don't know how much longer we can keep up the charade. Good luck to you on your escape. Hey I saw that movie "The Island" and yes it was just like what goes on in the Borg, I had alot of freinds at Bethel and I know how things worked there.

IC

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Bethel is basically one huge congregation. There was stealing, adultery, lying...basically all the juicy things you'd find in any large group of people. If you had good connections there then you would have a cake job and an easy life, allbeit a cult controlled life. It certainly isnt the special, spiritual paradise many rank and file make it out to be thats for sure but it is a fun place to be for young 20somethings who wanted to get out of mommy and daddy's house and explore the world. There is a lot to do in NYC.

• Trojan
    Trojan
    It certainly isnt the special, spiritual paradise many rank and file make it out to be thats for sure but it is a fun place to be for young 20somethings who wanted to get out of mommy and daddy's house and explore the world.&nbsp

LOL. XBHERE, how true. Any personal experience? Sounds like you know the place...

...interesting thing is that these young ones can get away with stuff, that would be a "killer" in their home congregations and still go back and look like "saints". If you wan't to stay as a witness and do the "double-whacker" thing - then Bethel is the place to be!

Trojan.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    ...interesting thing is that these young ones can get away with stuff, that would be a "killer" in their home congregations and still go back and look like "saints".

When I went back home after my first year I was a celebrity, 2 interviews on 2 different District Conventions, lunch with the CO and DO (apparently I was the first to go to bethel from my area in decades), pioneer sisters who previously never gave me the time of day calling to talk to me... so stupid how people fawn over so called spiritual giants. Of course I knew better but I must admit the attention was fun. I'm not sure if bethelites are still viewed this way now though.

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

I thought Fred Franz went into his room and kind of went into a trance, (probably after a few gin and tonics), and wrote alot of their crapola full of disconnected thoughts trying to pass itself of as deep spirtual thinking. Come to think of it was Franz really in that room at all or was he at a dirty movie. I guess only the holy ghost knows and he/she/it ain't talking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit