EMAIL DRIVE for AP Blood News

by Severus 31 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Severus
    Severus
    Can you give us an idea of the extent of this?
    • How many email addresses were on the list you sent out last night?
    • Approx how many separate ex-jws sent you email addresses?

I'm not going to answer either question directly, now that the emailing has commenced. Regarding those who contributed emails, all of their emails were immediately deleted and no records were kept.

Concealing the scope of this project serves its purpose better. A group in the same Michigan congregation panics because a cluster of them all got the email. What happens when they find out that someone is Australia got the same thing! The scope is staggering.

Specific information about JW response to this program would comprimise the anonymity of the contributors. But I will say this:

Anyone who thinks this will convert JWs away en masse is mistaken. But this will have JWs talking amoung themselves about "apostate" information. Can you imagine a service group chatting about Ray Franz? Well they are now!

I am sure that there is severe suspicion about how an apostate could possibly get their email addresses. There were many prominent JWs on our list. The simple fact is that JWs are constantly forwarding "Bible aids" via embedded email or using the Cc: line (a little tip if you are considering contributing email addresses).

Will this ripple the JW community? Who knows. I expect some Local Needs talks on the dangers of email, some head-wagging at elders meetings and so on up the chain.

Somewhere a JW will read the press release and relate to the confusion he/she just heard at the Service Meeting this week. That JW will think twice about completing a blood card. That JW will Google. Mission accomplished.

• Pricilla
    Pricilla

I sent some addresses, including one for my sister.

She has received nothing. What's up?

Or was this really just a joke, and I fell for it!

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

are you sure she didn't get it? b/c i sent in one of my e-mail addresses with my list so I could see exactly what they would get, I wanted to be sure it was real, and I recieved it just fine.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Can we get a similar list in Spanish? There are many hermanos that this article can be sent to.

The article was translated: http://www.dfw.com/mld/laestrella/13736316.htm

• M.J.
    M.J.

have her check the spam folder?

• Pricilla
    Pricilla

I did the same thing you did. I placed my name on the list so that I would know it was not a joke. I have received nothing which is why I am wondering it if it is a joke.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Pricilla, it's not a joke. Some ISPs automatically filter certain things that will never even hit your spam box. And with a list this big, it's possible (probable?) that there were a few addresses overlooked. Also, it's unlikely that a JW will tell an ex-jw that they have received an "apostate" email. And last, if you are using yahoo, they are really messed up this week. I've been getting email notifications up to 48hours late from a list I moderate.
    don't worry. It happened. Perhaps there will be another batch of mailings in the future and you could re-submit if your message never comes through?

• Severus
    Severus

BTT

Second batch of emails going out soon. Any addresses submitted after 30 January will be sent then.

• Pricilla
    Pricilla

Oh ... "I see", said the blind man as he walked into the wall.

After January 30 you say. Well that explains everything. I will wait as mine were sent after Jan 30.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm shocked no one posted about the repercussions of this mailing. I was fully expecting to get some accusations from my dub relatives but I think they're too afraid to bring it up to me. No one got any reaction from the big news mailing???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit