Ouija boards

by m. kirov 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I say check it out, however, you must be strong and stolid in your approach . . .that way you'll fight off the negativity.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I've not used an Ouija board, but have several Tarot decks, and find them entirely harmless. I don't believe in the existence of armies of evil invisible spirits who wish me ill, or in a duality of Good/Evil. I see the Universe as benevolent, and myself as an integral part of that Universe. Evil really exists, but not as a separate incarnate being, only in the hearts of humans when they CHOOSE to hurt others.

• tetrapod.sapien
  • ouija boards
    • i have used them, and freaked myself out.
    • then i tested them after doing a bit of research online about a documented phenomina called "ideomotor effect".
    • ha.
    • for one test. a friend tricked me by turning the board upside down while i was blindfolded. when i asked the board a yes/no question, the "spirit" moved the pointer in the same manner as it had before.
    • gasp!
    • but not really. it moved it, or i should say, i moved it even though it did not feel like i was doing it, to the old spots that i remembered yes and no to be. now only blank spots in the bottom right and left corners of the board.
    • my next test involved having my friend write a series of letters on a peice of paper, and placing it face down on a chair on the other side of the room. i did not know what it said. i tested the board by asking it a few other questions (that *gasp* guess what?! i knew the answers to already anyways!), and lo and behold, the "spirit" answered them correctly.
    • then i asked it to spell out the letters on the piece of paper.
    • the spirit was strangely silent.
    TS
  • doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

While I do lean toward Tetra as far as boards go, I do believe there is a door of perception (sorry Huxley) that can be opened.

That is why the use of drugs go hand in hand with the spirit world(drugs aren't necessary but are a key). Once these doors are open they can never be closed.

It is not as obvious as pointers moving on boards.

As an example. Tetra would you go back to being a jw? No? A door of understanding has been opened. You can't close it. Jws would say you are crazy but now you know......

I too believe in caution in affairs of the spirit. Be careful what you desire.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

doofdaddy,

i understand what you mean about being a witness again, for sure. good point. but are you saying to beware of the spirit world? or are you saying to keep an open mind?

like, would it be bad to open those doors? because if they are there, i will not be able to stop myself. my personality must open them, which is partly why i still play around with this stuff. and ya, sometimes while on drugs. so far i have only had really funny trips. he eh he...

ts

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I gave myself Penn & Teller's Bullshit show (season 1) for Christmas this year. Funny, but I always seem to know exactly what to get myself. Anyway, there is an episode on talking to the dead where they pretty thoroughly debunk ouija boards. It also seems to me that Houdini exposed them as frauds many times.

One thing I always wondered as a Witness, since every ouija board is demonized, at what point in the manufacturing process does the demon get inserted? Does Mattel buy demons wholesale?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

"mr. satan? Mattel on line 1 for you sir. they say there has been an inturuption in the supply chain through purgatory again."

"fine, put them through."

or maybe they use special demo-carboard that is like some sort of molecular conduit to the underworld. or... OR... maybe spirits are under direct orders to never... NEVER... play ANY other board games apart from ouija. no monopoly, or operation, or even games like jenga or twister. although, i would have a hard time being a spirit and not playing a little twisted twister with the dumb humans.

ts

• Brigid
    Brigid

GaiaGirl, well put:

<<I've not used an Ouija board, but have several Tarot decks, and find them entirely harmless. I don't believe in the existence of armies of evil invisible spirits who wish me ill, or in a duality of Good/Evil. I see the Universe as benevolent, and myself as an integral part of that Universe. Evil really exists, but not as a separate incarnate being, only in the hearts of humans when they CHOOSE to hurt others>>

Very well put. Those "outside" things (evil, bad, dark, light) are really within our own microcosm. So, if one approaches even meditation (touching the sub/unconscious) with the preconcieved beliefs in good/evil--that can and most likely will manifest. The mind and our perceptions are very powerful. In fact, in this realm, our illusion or perception is sometimes all most people have to call reality.

~Brigid

• Clam
    Clam
    maybe spirits are under direct orders to never... NEVER... play ANY other board games apart from ouija.

LOL

Technically speaking I don't think the ouija is a game - its all done on a board but its no game.

I doubt if Lucifer allows the demons to play board games though, especially since 1914, although I'm sure he lets them unwind from their diabolical day with a bit of online gaming or some no limit Texas hold em up.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Oiu Ja Boards can lead to an unshielded form of channeling with no safeguards. For all I know or care it could be channeling unconscious parts of the self; I would recomend avoiding their use, especially with people who are using it as a game or disrespectfully behaving, drinking, drugging, ect.

Tarot cards, well there are some things that we just really don't need to know. If knowing is SO important, then one should be prepared for the consequences of knowing.

I've had people read cards for me, and it was interesting, but it only confirmed for me what I already knew.

As for debunkers, I'm happy for them, as there really is alot of crappy fake New Age shit out there, but my approach is to take everything on its own worth and if its shite then its shite, if not then hmm.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit