JWs on MySpace are Freaking Out

by Saoirse 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    If I was doing a doctoral thesis on social psychology, mind control and 'group think' I would only have to cut and paste from this site to get enough case studies for a complete dissertation!

Good idea! I have an ex-JW friend who is studying psychology and another who plans to write a thesis on the negative effects that the Watchtower has on women. I'll forward this and ask if any of it is useful to them.

• carla
    carla

he as a goat-tee so he can't be an active baptized brother. I guess I missed that chapter---Luke 185: 3,4 And by their goat-tee's you shall know them.

I sent him a massage-------I wish someone would send me one! (ok, I know, probably just a little typo)

Has anyone sent this tomaubrey character an email containing the UN documents seeing as his email is listed?

• Clam
    Clam
    I even got mentioned even though I have never posted or joined a JW group. Bunch of stalkers.

I prefer to describe myself as a "Contemporary Anthropological
    Interactive Observer" because it has just the right amount
    of flair. Besides...."stalker" is such an ugly word.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    I sent him a massage.

Ha! I didn't even notice that. I wish someone would send me one too.

I liked this little gem:

I did complane to the monitor
    Why am I picturing some deranged woman having a conversation about apostates with her computer monitor?
  • Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    "Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry YOU off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ" - Col. 2:8.

hehe, that would fit the WTS to a T!!! Terri, of the "they can run, but they can't hide" class

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Notice the fine University of Awake education some of these people have. They can barely spell.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I laugh, but that is so incredibly sad.

*shaking head*

I hate to sound cliche, but seriously: What would Jesus do?

This is so, so, so sad.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I hate to sound cliche, but seriously: What would Jesus do?

Okay I'll respond with a cliche: 1 Cor. 13.

I keep hearing that reverberate over and over whenever I read things like this.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Chris,

Perfect! I just canNOT believe that I bought into that line of thinking. *deep breath* I swear! Sometimes I really feel like I truly escaped by the skin of my teeth!

Andi

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

As someone else told you on another thread: it's a gift. You and I, and thousands of others, not only needed to get out, we wanted to as well.

One thing I've learned, and I still fight unfortunately, is that grace gives us what we need, rather than what we want.

I try to remember that when I balance my poor checkbook or think of retirement!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit