I just signed up for a bible study...need help!

by lucifer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• lucifer
    lucifer

Okay I found the official website for JW's and there was a place you could sign up for a free book study, so I did. Now I'm not sure if they will actually contact me once they see its me, what I need help with is what to say exactly, I am going to nail them with questions about the UN and blood issues and the 1914 dates, but I don't know how to go about this.

I'm doing this because when I da'd my mom wrote the letter and I didn't care/know about all their lies, I really hate that I wasted 8 years in this cult and want the elders in the congregation to explain big time!

• Scully
    Scully

When the WTS gets your name, it may come up in the computer record that you are a DA'd person, and they may not even bother sending a letter to the local congregation to advise them of your "interest".

Surely, if the elders received such a notice from the Society, with your name and address, the elders would not send anyone to visit you [because you are such a big bad Apostateā„¢, of course ], so they will drop in on you themselves.

You can always move to a new place to avoid the confrontation.

• lucifer
    lucifer

I hope they come, they have some explaining to do!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I would like a study too, but they've got my name and address and I suspect I'm blacklisted since they dumped me last time.

Perhaps using a false name? But I'd have to change address.

If you do start a study, go real slow, research one topic at a time...

• lucifer
    lucifer

It sucks though because I live on a small island so there are only 4 halls, so they would know me, but I may seem sincere at first and then ask my questions

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Well, I have an idea.

Don't know if it will work though.

k, the Wts (aka the mob) has your name, add, records etc.

But do they have the name, add, records of one Jane Doe? or some other name that you fancy?

As far as an address goes, could you use a friends add? Or even a neighbors? When they come by, the neighbor or friend can say that you are their roomie and you aren't around right now. He/she could get the names of the persons that have stopped by for the bible study and their phone number and they can relay the info to you.

Once you get the info from them, you can determine if these are people that you know. If you don't know them, you can call and set up a study. Just make sure to tell them you only want those 2 people studying with you. You don't want any one else to come.

well, it's just an idea.

And Lucifer...Pick out a couple of topics that bother you particularly bad and study them like no tomorrow. Heck, have your mom drill you with flash cards. So that when your time comes, you can't be flustered. Stick to the topics that bother you.

good luck Lucy

Meagan

• lucifer
    lucifer

thanks for the suggestion, I may just take you up on that, I have a problem with the UN bit so I want some answers I'm sure mom will help me if they actually come

ps I dont live at home anymore so they don't actually know that the address is mine

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Well if somebody does actually comes over that doesn't know ya. Invite them in and when they pull out the knowledge book, just say no no no, I signed up for a BIBLE study not a BOOK study. So put the books away and lets study the BIBLE. They'd be lost.

• lucifer
    lucifer

LOL iron claw

• garybuss
    garybuss

If you want them to show up, sign up to make a "large" cash donation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit