Whose been ripped off financially by his JW brother?

by Spectrum 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I posted this in another thread but it is more relevant here.
    I worked for JW doing back breaking work for a while only to be told by another JW that he was ripping me of - he was paying me half the going rate. I was only 17 and naive didn't know anything about the world of work.
    When I found out I was being unfairly paid I asked him only if he could at least pay for my petrol so that the little he gave me was clear money. I wasn't nasty and hadn't insinuated anything. I just asked a straight question.
    He came out with a nasty sarcastic remark to the effect that I was trying to rip him off.
    I was really disgusted with his response finished my week and never worked for him again even though he asked me too.

• JH
    JH

Well, while I had a great seasonal job, and plenty of money, I used to work for the brothers for FREE.....yes i'm nuts.

But when I lost that wonderful job, then the brothers knew I needed salary, all of a sudden didn't need me anymore.....

• z
    z
    I used to work for the brothers for FREE

JH do you need a job call me

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

My husband owns his own company, and we will no longer do jobs for JWs (with a few exceptions) because they do not pay when they get the bill! The excuses and the evasion techniques they employ are truly something to behold.......

We had to fire one guy working for us, because he was stealing tools, buying parts with our business credit card for himself, and lying about the number of hours he worked. Oh, yeah, and he was a pioneer......

GGG

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

My husband once rented a home to a JW family and they completely destroyed it. They even took the bathroom fixtures with them when they moved. He ended up selling the house at a loss and vowed to never do business with JWs again.

• Think
    Think

ME !!! All the time. Ripped of by the Frankenstaintower brothers in Brooklinpipedreamcrazycultconartists.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Oh yeah! We have been ripped off royally and both times by elders. Lied about their time and all kinds of bad stuff. We have sworn off hiring any more witnesses. I'd love to know where watchtower finds out the information about witnesses being such great employees. What a load!

• nilfun
    nilfun

Yes, as minors my younger siblings and I were exploited by a sister and her worldly husband because we were desperate for the money. The work was manual, sometimes backbreaking in nature. At the end of the workday, we would pool the money and buy food.

In another instance, a pioneer sister ran a daycare, and when she found out how much the family was hurting for money, she offered for us kids to run the daycare so she could pioneer. In that instance I never saw any money ( I think it bypassed us and went directly to my mother??), except for a five dollar note she pressed into my hand a few weeks after we had started working there. What actually happened was she lined us kids up and handed out a dollar each to my siblings. I guess I got "the jackpot" with the five bucks. What I remember being the most difficult part of that job was feeding time for the daycare kids. We were not allowed to eat the daycare kids' food, and since we didn't have any of food of our own to eat, we just had to spend the day without anything to eat. Boy, that was hard -- our mouths would literally be watering as we fed them their meals, with nothing for us. Boy, I haven't thought about that in a long time...

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

My dad a non JW and a soft natured guy gave a construction job to a couple of seasoned JWs on the condition that he would pay them soon after they were finished not because he didn't trust them but simply because he didn't have enough money at that time. If it didn't suit them, then fine he'd wait 5 weeks until enough money come in and they could do it then. Fear of losing the contract to someone else prompted them to agree to do it and receive all the funds at about the 5 week.
    When they finished (3 weeks to complete the work)they came to my dad asking for the money. My dad told them he didn't have it as yet and reminded them of the deal they made. On hearing that they started to threaten him, that they would get the money out of him one way or another, it was all quite nasty but eventually the left. My dad paid them on the fifth week as promised.
    What the duck was that all about?

Having said that, the only truly honest builder I've met in my life was a JW. But that is in the guys nature, nothing to do with the religion of setting him straight or anything like that.

• Dune
    Dune

I consider myself a good JW worker. But then again, my Employers arent JW's and i really like my job, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit