Whose been ripped off financially by his JW brother?

by Spectrum 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have never been impressed by witness work ethics. Not to say all, by any means but I have had personal dealings with witness competition in the work field, as some are vicious, past the point of backstabbing.

Growing up, I remember my parents had a local elder do electrical in the house, did a terrible job, and another elder, who painted the house, and had to redo it as it was horrible too.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Not by a "JW brother" (never been one), but by jws - if I had known about jws I would likely have tightened up and prevented it from ever occuring, but I couldn't - at the time I thought jws were a neat dressed silly harmless christian group - anyway, they were vicious (with a smile) and lied right from the start which facilitated them into the position to do the harm - nowadays, if you even look like you're a jw, you're on the outer.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Not me but my parents.

The folks decided to redo their master batnroom and my mom insisted that my dad hire a elder in the hall whoe family really needed the work and money. Basically the work was substandard and completed over 6 weeks late.

My dad originally refused to make finally payment, but because of my mom's continued pressure on him, him eventually relented.

To this day, the bathroom is a sore subject in my parents house.

Something more infamous is the group of brothers that ripped off thousands of dubs on the east coast and in the south. It was an insurance third party adminstrator company that took insurance premiums made by the policy holders but never remitted the payment to the insurance companies. When the dubs made claims against their policies they found out the policies were cancelled for non payment of the premiums and the coverage was no longer in effect.

A law suit was filed in federal court to the tune of several millions of dollars on behalf of the policy holders.

This company was owned and managed by only dubs, and the board of directors was made up of several elders, ms and pioneers.

The president of the company was an asistant circuit overseer in the NY area.

Most were DFed or reproved, but since they spent almost all of the profits on million dollar homes and expensive cars, most of the monies will never be recouped by the policy holders.

This happened in the late 90's early 2000 and most of the criminals are back in good standing in their congos.

• truckerann
    truckerann

There was a brother in our circuit that would hire illegal witnesses and purposely cheat them knowing that they couldn't do anything about it because he would threaten to turn them in to the INS....

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    The only regret I have is not turning them into their body of elders.

I'm pretty sure the Labor Board would have been interested in this story.

-Aude.

• one
    one

I have at least 4 personal stories to tell... about reapoff by elders hi up, real large amount of money, real state etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit