Rude Dinner Guests

by jgnat 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Memo to self: Be nice when visiting Mr. and Mrs. YHWH

JG You know I have gone through this discussion many many times before. The nice folks "get it" and the others scream "foul" and other nonsensical JWisms.

• slugga
    slugga
    That is so cute, slugga. Now go to your room.

Alone?

lol

• rebel8
    rebel8
    We were channelling!

That's not the first time either. I think we are actually super genius twins, separated at birth.

cheerioooooooo

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

My roommate has a couple of Jehovah cousin's that have popped by once in a while. My rule is if they step in my home they are talking to me whether they like it or not. The last time one came by he waited outside in the hallway until my roommate was ready to leave. LOL.

GBL

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't think "shun" is a dirty word. I don't associate with certain people because of the way they act, but I still try to be civil when I come across them. I think the misuse of shunning and taking it to an extreme, as the JWs do, is what makes it dirty. I definitely have a very low tolerence for anyone who tries to treat me badly in my own home, and I have no problem ejecting people who cross the line. I've done so a few times.

To be invited into someone's home, their sanctuary, is a privilege, and they should be accorded the proper respect, as should their property. If I didn't respect a person I would never accept their invitation in the first place.

W

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    My rule is if they step in my home they are talking to me whether they like it or not.

This goes for phone calls too. Being that most at the hall already shun me, most wont talk to me. I've told my wife already that if someone calls, that they better have the decency to say "hello" and not just ask for so and so. I've already hung up on 7 people and counting. My phone is part of my home. They can treat me anyway they like outside. But not in my home.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm the Queen of my castle and expect to be treated respectfully because I do nothing to justify bad treatment. My "ex" has come to my home to get our daughter and began yelling and verbally abusing me. I kicked him out. Without our daughter. I don't put up with that nonsense.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Better look at whether or not my face is turning purple or not

• jgnat
    jgnat

What comes to mind is the endless debate whether door-to-door work is an invasion of privacy. As important in the law as the principle of "freedom of speech."is the principle of "a man's home is his castle".

I'm taking notes.

My phone is part of my home.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    What comes to mind is the endless debate whether door-to-door work is an invasion of privacy.

I don't consider it an invasion of privacy. I only consider it an invasion when they...

• Trespass where signs are clearly posted against it.
    • Won't take no for an answer.
    • Don't respect the fact that they are unannounced guests.

Then it's invasion. Off with their heads!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit