Is It That Big Of A Deal To Die At Armageddon???

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

They always knew that eternal life is very conditional and according to dub ideology it is hard to keep up the standard to get through to it. I think what really scares them stiff is the supposed crashing finality of the armageddon judgement.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

The scripture about your eyes rotting in your head and your tongue rotting in your mouth indicates that it would be a bad time. That used to freak me out some.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

tetrapod

are you still here man? You didn't reply to my last pm and now that I've seen your post I'm getting worried...

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    We're all gonna go someday. For Witnesses, they don't even have to worry about eternal hell----so what's the big deal?

No doubt. I mean, I can understand why people would want to live forever if they felt their lives and everything else was going to be sweet. But as a (very admittedly superbly far from perfect example of a) Christian, the one thing that's kept me alive many times is the belief in an eternal hell and not knowing whether suicide would cause one to be sent there or not.

I just don't see how a JW can read the parts about hell and get that there is no hell from it, but that's just my opinion.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    For Witnesses, they don't even have to worry about eternal hell----

They have a lot to worry about if there is an eternal hell.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

oh, hey cog!

sorry. he he.... i am fine. just being a little facetious. and i am just typing up that PM!

ts

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The only difference between dying at Armageddon (an unsubstantiated future event based on mythology) and dying before Armageddon is that someone dying before Armageddon has a hope of resurrection (another unsubstantiated future event based on mythology).

I think they've mythed the point.

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

jeffro

The only difference between dying at Armageddon (an unsubstantiated future event based on mythology) and dying before Armageddon is that someone dying before Armageddon has a hope of resurrection (another unsubstantiated future event based on mythology).

I personally do believe in a social, cultural and political cataclysm. One may call it Armageddon, or the total change of the system, or the mother of all revolutions, or other. Thats not the question.

The problem is: Nobody will ever know the begin of A. Nobody will ever know the "nature" of A. . Nobody will ever know whether A. has just begun or not. Nobody will ever know - if A. indeed has begun - how long it will last. Nobody will ever be able to determine, whether a person died BEFORE or WITHIN A. And nobody will be able the say, whether a person will have resurrection or not.

• Balsam
    Balsam

The Elders at my Judicial committee said "you understand you face everlasting destruction don't you?" I said yes and eternal death would be a welcome relieve from the life I had been living. Their mouths few open and they stared in disbelieve. I told them the New System held no appeal to me if it meant remaining married to my then husband who hated me and was verbally abusive all the time. That life in the world and the end of life would be preverable. They were so shocked they didn't say anything for a minute or two. They offered no rebuttel, and moved on to another thought.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

flyphisher

I personally do believe in a social, cultural and political cataclysm. One may call it Armageddon, or the total change of the system, or the mother of all revolutions, or other. Thats not the question.

Whether there is some event that causes a great upheaval, or even complete destruction, of human society is completely unrelated to the Armageddon of the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit