Is It That Big Of A Deal To Die At Armageddon???

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'd seriously rather be dead than have to live for all eternity playing Bible Pictionary and eating Party Mix and Mountain Dew with a bunch of Joe-ho's.

GBL

• Jez
    Jez

I am no more deserving of life than anyone else. I do not belong to special chosen group of people that God has hand picked to live eternally. What a ridiculous egotistical simple notion to explain the meaning of life.

I don't care if I die at Armageddon, I use to be terrified of it, but now I just ask myself, why would he kill me? What would he gain from it? If being human is my crime, then convict me.

Jez

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If you ask most people do they want to live, or do they want to die, I think I know what the answer will be

• Jez
    Jez
    If you ask most people do they want to live, or do they want to die, I think I know what the answer will be

But that wasn't the question. And if it were, you are saying that you would choose life, even if it meant it was paid for with the blood of billions of people, children included?? There are many conditions that I can think of where I would choose death over life. Breathing alone is not living. Jez

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i say: bring it on jehovah!! here i am!! kill me now you ignorant coward!!!! ... if you were a god, you'd do it.

i mean, COME ON!! put me out of my misery. stop playing this cruel, retarded joke!! take me for everyone else if you want. a sacrifice. perfect. holy. remember?

TS

• kid-A
    kid-A

Getting over a fear of death was a huge step in abandoning religion and the watchtower BS. I remember once telling my mother that I wasnt really afraid of dying anymore, how I thought it was a perfectly natural process and we need to enjoy life in the moment. Her response was, well, Armageddon will be DIFFERENT! Jehovah wont give you a 'peaceful' death, it will be a horrible, long, tortuous and painful death!!

HA HA HA....this was her attempt to scare me into "worshipping" jehoober. It just backfired and made me realize the extent to which their conception of god is founded on some sick, sadistic monster in the sky.

• greendawn
    greendawn

What really terrifies the JWs that are under the fear of armageddon is the thought that this will be a final judgement on them without the prospect of resurrection.

It's not as bad as eternal torments but still it is quite hard hitting on those that take it seriously. Whereas if you die in the big A and get resurrected later that won't cause many dubs to lose their sleep.

• minimus
    minimus

No one WANTS to die, obviously. But JWs were led to believe that they'd never die so it scares them to death. Too bad JWS live in guilt and fear.

• Scully
    Scully

blondie:

I told the elders I would rather die at Armageddon than live forever with the rude, unloving, backbiting JWs at the KH.

A-frikkin-MEN!!

• sinis
    sinis

Yes, but even when the kingdom is established won't we still continue to die during that "thousand" year period? Death is not done away with until AFTER the second "test". So really if Gods kingdom comes tomorrow won't we still die until after Satan is destroyed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit