What's your favourite food?

by Spectrum 42 Replies latest social entertainment

• beksbks
    beksbks

Goat cheese and a glass of Savignon Blanc! Wait! Bleu cheese and a glass of Merlot! Caprese salad. Anything Mexican!!

• Think
    Think

Wooden pulp as a proper meal at proper time.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    seafood (shrimp, oyster, crawfish, crab) gumbo

or

chicken and sausage gumbo

Cooooooo-eeeeeeee, Kenneson! Where y'at? How 'bout some a dat courtbouillon, etouffee, jambalaya and Cajun ice cream on da side, cher? Make me wanna do da Cajun Waltz to Jole Blanc, I say.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Seafood for me too. In particular, snow crab legs! Also I just had the sea bass from PF Chang's. It was heavenly!!!

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Fried plantains

• free2beme
    free2beme

SUSHI!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Anything made with love.

Aw OK, prawns (shrimp) straight from the boat.

And Thai food. Haven't met a dish in the kingdom I dont love. Even green papaya salad which has 25 birds eye chillies in it!!

• deeskis
    deeskis

omg you guys, i'm trying to lose a few kilos for my stage production next month, you're making me drool!

indian food is my favourite, a legacy from my glasgow upbringing. we have so many curry houses there.

but food glorious food, and a few beverages too, not much i don't like!!

D

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Mmm, I'd have to say that one of my absolute favourite foods is fish-n-brewis, made with some really good salt fish. *drools* Too bad I can't have it very often, salt fish is really expensive.

And now that all you "mainlanders" are confused and wondering what the hell I'm talking about, I may as well explain what fish-n-brewis is. It's a traditional Newfoundland meal, made of cod fish (mmm, gotta be salt fish - that's salted and dried cod), hard bread (ever heard of "hard tack", yeah, that stuff) and boiled potatoes. You cook the fish (if it's salt fish, don't forget to change the water a couple if times or it'll be too salty to eat!!) and pick the bones out, you soak the hard bread all night to make it soft and you boil the potatoes, then you mix it all together in a big pot and serve it hot with some drawn butter (that's butter and onions cooked together and served over the top of the fish-n-brewis). Mmm, so good!!

And salt fish makes a damn good meal all on its own, too!!

I'm also a huge fan of rice dishes, anything with chicken in it, Asian food, and I'm a total pizza nut, too.

-Becka :)

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Homemade meatloaf with the works. Mashed potatoes and peas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit