What's your favourite food?

by Spectrum 42 Replies latest social entertainment

• caligirl
    caligirl

I'm with Legolas... Lobster - real lobster with claws, not rock lobster like they serve out here in California. One of the first places I am going when I go back east next month is The Weathervane to order myself a nice 2 pounder!

• Soledad
    Soledad
    curried goat or fish West Indian style with basmati rice or lentil filled roti bread.

Has anybody ever had lentil filled roti? It is exquisite. But must be home made, none of the restaurant foolishness.

I love west indian foods.....I love lentils and roti and stews and some very hot curries!

I have my own tawa at home to make fresh roti of all kinds.

• myself
    myself

Cherries, can't wait for summer.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

steamed oysters with horseradish, cocktail sauce on a cracker washed down with a cold beer. heaven!

• Calliope
    Calliope
    Steamed broccoli... I know, I'm weird...lol

i totally get that. steamed broccoli, still firm, with butter and sea salt. YUM!!

but my all-time fav is simply french bread and french cheese (imported from France if you can get it), with a bottle of red.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I have to choose one? *sigh* I can't do it.

• Salmon Sushi
    • Oysters in the half shell with crackers, lemon juice, hot sauce, and fresh horse radish.
    • Gluten Free Angel Hair tossed in olive oil, chicken broth and topped with sun dried tomatoes and pecorino.
    • Caesar salad topped with fried Calamari.

Okay...I'll stop now.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Homemade Italian Bread.......sliced lengthwise........a 3 to 4 inch chunk cut off one half........and placed in a skillet on top of a sunny-side-up egg as it begins to cook. Salt & cracked black pepper.

And hot fresh coffee on the side.

Frannie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Pasta. Any kind of pasta. cream sauces, garlic butter sauces, tomato sauces, Thai sauces, rose sauces. I just love it all. But I never order it in a restaurant. I like my own better. Although there was one restaurant in Winnipeg that made a gnocchi better than I have tasted anywhere.

When I go out

East coast Lobster!

scallops, frog's legs, shrimp, King crab, scampi served with lots of real garlic butter for dipping.

Still have to find a place in Ottawa that sells Frogs legs. I am really craving a good feast of them

• Rook
    Rook

Anything that you can throw on the BBQ grill is my favorite.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Veal Milanese

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit