do you think the end is near?

by drew sagan 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jake99
    Jake99

Drew sagan and DavidChristopher, Both of you are wise.

One who would be great at everything( God and the Messiah), would ceratinly love a challenge, and do whatever it took to gain support and fix the mess on this planet. He would be as Jesus was, very different and very bold. He would lead by example and the results would be miraculous. He would chose a different path and mysteriously put on the greatest show on Earth. And then he would reveal himself and challenge the judicial system just as Jesus did, face to face in court.

• moshe
    moshe

The drastic "End" to human civilization as we know it will happen. How? Famine, pandemic disease, depletion of resources, terrorist attack (dirty-radioactive/biological bomb), drastic climate shift- start of next ice age, direct hit by comet/asteroid= life extinction event,polar magnetic field reversal=no protection from gamma/solar UV radiation for 200 yrs, super volcano erupts(Yellowstone USA, others), for starters. All of these are natural events that have a high probability of occuring in the next 1- 1000 years. Any of these events could mean the end of global civilized life as we know it.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I have studied prophesy alot in Daniel and prophets..Ezekiel and Revelation as well as gospels and Pauls writing..and I hate to be the one who goes against the grain, but I believe we are in the Great Tribulation, hour of judgement, hour of test, and the End is indeed near...

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

end of what? I guess if you like whats going on around here, and are rich and prosperous. It may be a "bad" thing in your eyes, what will it be to the poor "sinners" is what I want to know? what have they got to miss? Speaking as a very poor man, I can tell you......."not a damn thing". It may only get better, to get worse is unthinkable.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

peacefulpete:

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

-Closing Time, Semisonic.

• KW13
    KW13

The end that is predicted by the witnesses is not here.

Evidence? is this the same Evidence that had Russell measuring the rooms of pyramids to get the date 1914? or after that when they pushed the date to 1915....and then again and again they predicted the end was here.

How can people be so blind to see that they just basically change what they teach completely, think of the world wars that passed generations saw - Two World Wars - big events yet were all still here.

Its now 2006, the end has been predicted on DATES over 5 times, the society now is vague about things to save getting laughed at.

The only end i see around the corner is me going to bed tonight.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I will say that the "evidence" for a drastic change in mankinds history (end of the world, the great day of God the Almighty, what ever you want to call it) seems likely when doing a survey of where mankind is a the current point in time. Nuclear weapons, wars, technology, globalization, and ecological destruction all seem to point towards a place that mankind has never been before. Mankind is unquestionably in a position differant from any point in human history. The technology of this world is so far superior of anything that has been done before, and most of it has been invented in the last 100 years!

hey drew,

this first paragraph of yours is just sort of stating the obvious. i mean it in the sense that: of course we are at a new place in history, because that is the only place that we can be right now. right here. a new place. and it is unlike previous places in history because we are here, and they were there. but, every place or point in our history has been unlike anything that came before it too. completely unique and exciting. and of course, people back then were saying: "look! what a crazy place the world has become! something is going to change soon!" - you know? like look at posters like StarMoore. using a previous place in time, and their end of the world stuff, and applying it to right now. there are all sorts of versions of this.

technically i know you are right. humanity will end. and probably long long before other life on earth does.

but i have to ask: why worry about it? there is nothing you or I can do about it, and most most likey, you won't be around for it anyways. hell, really, contrary to popular opinion, i doubt there is anything that we could do to stop a nuclear disaster or something like that, either. i say that if we worry about it, we are just going to stress ourselves out until we either die a natural death, or the end of the world comes. and that would suck. to just be stressed for years, and then die.

ts

• david_10
    david_10

"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." The Doors

Truer words were never spoken.

"but i have to ask: why worry about it? there is nothing you or I can do about it..." Tetrapod

Also, quite true.

David

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

As President Gerald Ford once said, "Things are more like they are now than they have ever been."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit