How Suicide Will Increase Among Jehovah's Witnesses

by metatron 57 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

The increase in the abuse of alcohol among JWs is indicative that they are trying to escape. Alcoholism is a slow form of suicide. JWs are also told that leaving the WTS is suicide.

Based on these 2 issues, JWs are already committing "suicide" in increasing numbers.

Blondie

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

PMJ, Good post as usual <eyeroll>. Nice punctuation and spelling <double eyeroll>.

i dont no about jws commiting suicide

Really? I do. I've lost one member of my family and had several others attempt suicide and a number of others plagued by depression. If Jehovah's people were truly happy, would this be an issue?

people on these boards seem mixed up and miserable

Some are, as a result of being in a cult. Most of the people on this board, however, are much more well-adjusted then your average JW.

say be a good jw.if not leave and get over it don't complain all the time.

We are not complaining - just venting - and taking active steps to fight a destructive cult.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    i dont no about jws commiting suicide people on these boards seem mixed up and miserable say be a good jw.if not leave and get over it don't complain all the time.

PMJ: You seriously do not get it, my friend.

• PMJ
    PMJ

TALL TEXAN will you get over my spelling?i no plenty of jws who are happy.the ones who are not happy are the ones who all ways complain and bitch about stuff no doubt you was one of the complainer's can just see you listening to a talk and as soon as the brother made a mistake you would be the first to point it out.stick to your day job mate.if you have one?should all the American people be at work at this time?

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

I wonder how many JW's have committed 'passive' suicide by not caring for themselves physically, because the 'end' is near.

-----------------------------------------------------

Many, many JWs have eating disorders, which are a sign of emotional distress.

• daystar
    daystar
    will you get over my spelling?

Well... you're llak uv speling skilz tenz too say sumthing abowt you're intelekt as well. I'm knot sayeeng you're dum, but you're gramer and spelin ain't proven otherwiz.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Now, even though you haven't used a rope or a gun or a handful of sleeping pills,

at what point does this turn into a form of suicide?

Good point, meta. There are many ways of checking out of life. I truly believe that people who stay in the BORG, going through the motions, knowing it is not the truth, are the walking dead . As time continues to run out and even stalwart JWs have to get an inkling that there is something rotten in Dubland, we will see more people pushed to the brink. Its got to be really hard not to question the last 120 years of deceit and failure.

My grandfather, who gave his all for the bORG, even made a guarded comment one time, "Well, if something doesn't happen by 1975............." Unfortunately, he dropped dead in 1969. But at least he dropped dead on the ninth hole - playing golf, not out in service - so perhaps he was beginning to see the handwriting on the wall - and grab a little "worldly" pleasure while he could (even though my grandmother hated for him to waste money on golf.)

Life is too precious - and short - to be a JW.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I think I saw a news article (maybe on MSNEWS internet) that it is now believed that only a small handful of veterans who saw service in WW1 are still living. Wonder if any of the younger folks in CTR's weirdness back in 1914 ever thought they would be statistically certain to die of some normal cause rather than see the end?

I think if the WTS ever did admit they blew it on all the prophecy - there really would be some ready to put a gun in their mouth.

• PMJ
    PMJ

well daystar just because i'm not good at spelling doesn't mean im thick.there is other reasons why im may not be good at spelling.so please be silent you little jerk before you get a nice Christian slap on the chops

• Bryan
    Bryan
    be silent you little jerk before you get a nice Christian slap on the chops

PMJ.... Is this not inflamatory?

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit