To Those Who Still Go To Meetings, Do You Sense Anything Different?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"I ran into a elder who's still faithful this week- and he's upset with how messed up the publishers seem to be - broke, sick,

depressed, you name it. "

---- And this just feeds their persecution complex: SATAN IS REALLY TRYING HARD TO BREAK GOD'S PEOPLE BLAH BLAH BLAH.

• minimus
    minimus

For those that need a social life, start looking toward other interests, clubs, fraternities, etc. BEFORE you exit out of the Witnesses, make new friends and then the transition's a lot easier!!!

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

My circuit hasn't seen growth in the last 7 or 8 years. The congregations are lackluster. 80 people in a congregation of 100 attend the Public talk, and then 15 - 20 more leave at the WT. Sitting through the WT study where the same 10 people answer questions while the rest think about what they are going to do later is fun.

Some good news though...since December 3 elders and 1 servant have been deleted. They are from different KHs, but in the same circuit. I know two of them personally, they just got tired of doing the whole song & dance while their kids grew up, and life pass them by.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I haven't been to a meeting for a few months now, but during my last couple of years the numbers were diminishing. In the early to mid 90's, we would regularly have up to 150 for the sunday meeting. By 2005 that had dropped to around 110 on a good day, and at times there were less than 100. Admittedly, some moved and other, older members, died, but quite a few just stopped attending.

• daystar
    daystar

Oh no! The love of the greater number is cooling off! A sure sign that the end is near!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I haven't been to my hall in some time (years), but I know they had to bring over two elders from another cong in the city because our cong didn't have enough. In the last 5 years they have changed the boundaries twice and dissolved one cong to boost the numbers. Not sure where things are now though.

BB

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    My non-JW mother (who still knows how they work because my dad is one) finds that for them to call themselves "slaves" is very wrong, we all know the R&F are the real slaves.

101 for wannabe-dictators and indoctrination of the masses: Make them believe that you, the dictator, is really their servant/slave, and that all your work is focused on "helping" them. This can be done in a number of ways, but the most effective, as has been shown by dictators thruout history, is to refer to oneself as a "servant" or a "slave". It is also helpful to throw in the phrase "God" and/or "annointed" in there, as a heavenly mandate is always helpful. Good luck in your efforts.

• Think
    Think

Anything Difeerent? Of course there is " Different" "nEw Light" coming soon to explain the end not coming, yet but in 200065, a mean soon, so prepare in the WAco NY, to defent you faith to the week brothers, because the are cowars and run from KH everytime we expalin to them that the end is comin for sure, we know that for sure, but they dont believe us, because they have prblems with attitude... they need more hrs in ministry, in the begining 154 hrs a week is good spiritual goals$ for us I mean WT, to buids new factory to advertise more... ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR TRUE HAPPINES

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

I have noticed other changes as well. "I feel it in my bones." Hard to describe, people are not as commited. They don't talk about hebrew or greek words in the watchtower anymore. (i remember back 5 years ago EVERY lesson had an explanation of what some word meant in hebrew or greek.) The last circut assembly i went to there was 1 baptised. And everyone knew him, the speaker who was giving the baptism talk even mentioned him by name in the part.. (IE you know this means that you can't do this now right, -insert name-?) And now 6 months later he is already on reproof. Everyone seems tired. If you look in the back during the meeting there are always three or four brothers standing in the back room trying to stay awake. Answers are canned. It has shrunk from 10 little kids with their hands up at every question to one or two. (though number of kids hasn't decreased most of them just color). I don't know, no one seems happy.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I do agree with you all...the spirit, luster, is gone...nothing left but empty shells, mostly. A few are still excited about it..but most just waiting for the end..and following obediently hoping for the reward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit