Does the average JW feel the "end is near"?

by Bumble Bee 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Is your friend expecting an untimely demise? How old is his son? To what extent has he already raised him in "the truth"? I assume he made you [de facto] godparents when you were active JW's. Since he knows your current inactive status, I'm wondering why he would even ask you something like that. If he's really that concerned, maybe he should ask someone else to care for his kid in the event something happens to him.

Maryjane - This is my brother in law. His son (my nephew) is now almost 13 years old. Like I said, his father has always been regular with meetings and service, but now wants to do more. When they asked us to be the guardian, we were irregular, starting to fade, but because we live in different cities, they don't know just exactly how much. My hubby told him he gets to meetings when he can (which is once a year). I don't think he's expecting an untimely demise, but is just looking out for the best interests of his child, as any parent would do.

BB

• FairMind
    FairMind

I’m not an average JW but I feel the end is relatively near. Reasons:

1. Iran – nuclear weapons
    2. Peaking of world oil production coupled with growth of oil demand
    3. Terrorists
    4. President of France making a public statement that France will attack Terrorist states with non-conventional weapons (H-Bombs) if terrorists attack 911 style within the borders of France.
    5. Iranian President’s comments about wiping Israel off the face of the map.
    6. All of the above issues are centered on mid-east and remind me of Bible prophecies about Armageddon (kings of the earth gather to gather to wage the battle of the great day of God almighty on the plains of Megiddo).
  • drew sagan
    drew sagan

Of course most ALL witnesses feel that the end is near. But the ones that REALLY think that it is near stock up on theocratic activity. The others are doing enough to "get by".

• kid-A
    kid-A

They said, that they give the "NEW Light" only to "CHOSEND" ones, so you are chosedd one..

Advertise to others, so they may die, soo, I mean live forever, on planet Alcoiutos

Think, you are an absolute nut-job, but oddly, I find your posts rather amusing! Please, post some pictures of Planet Alcoiutos. Are you presently living there?

Your fellow alien, Kid-A

• Think
    Think

"NEW LIGHT FROM THE PAST"

i MEAN FROM THE FUTURE:

We discovered thank to very helpful Brothers Elders Wise men only, that we are the ONLY TO HAVE BEEN APPROVED TO LIVE FOREVER ON THE NEW PR, EPARED FOR US on PLANET Plasticoscusd prepared for brothers in Faith who are obedient to Our only true teachings. This Plane is not far away from our galactcus Antromedasus, We well be departing sonn please BUY tisket now because there is only 1560006 seats, and we have growing numbers of worsoi$pers Babel tovwer, the rest will be "deleted" there are Brothers elders wise Who will transport us to WACO NY, near JONESTOWN, TOGETHER WITH bROTHERS FROM hEAVENLY cULT , PLEASE FOLLOW THEM STEP FOR STEP, THEY WILL SAVE OUR SOUL, SO WI CAN DIE,, I mean live forever. You dont need any tking with you, so please give all of your money now, and accounts, stocks, please form line to the wise elders NOW, remember, there is limited amout of seats, so please dont delay

Brothers in "Wolf/ I mean Sheep skin" Faith

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

That is the way the WTS keeps its slaves in line, keep them in fear. Lets see

• 1914 the end
    • 1915 the end
    • 1925 the end
    • 1975 the end
    • Generation is getting too old, drop the doctrine
    • Oh my god, earthquakes, food shortages,wars,911 lets scare them again, better pioneer before its too late. Sell your house, wife, kids, dogs, cats, goldfish, quit your job and work part time cleaning and slave for us.
    • How many times is the WT gonna lie to us. Many only serve the Tower with the big A in sight. If its not in sight the R/F will slack off.
  • Poztate
    Poztate
    He's in his mid forties, has always been regular at meetings and FS, but never aspired to reach out before. I asked why now? He says the time left is short that this world is going to end soon and he feels this is what he should be doing.

Sounds like mid-life crisis to me. The system has got to end before I do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit