My Sercuit Overseer is a JERK!

by stillAwitness 33 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

It might be fun for you folks to know that in my old congregation (late 60 time frame) there was quite a debate on the subject of even having an electronic sound system. They were afraid that it could electocute us or scare the guest speakers who came to do the hour talk!

Anyhow, my little part time business to get myself through school was to fix electronic guitar amps and keyboards for the local R&B and rock bands, so I got to be the guy who bought the equipment and installed it for the very first time. It was just for the speaker; the comments from the back were strictly acapella.

So, one friday night during the transition from KM school to service meeting, some radio interference broke into it. It was Tanya Tucker singing "Del--ta DAWN----------Whats that FLOWER you have on?????"

As posted before on "stupid things you got counseled for" - guess who got blamed for that one? Could it be a faded rose from days gone by?

• Effervescent
    Effervescent
    " Please ;refraim from wearing any perfumes or hand lotions" because it will interfere with his already stuffy nose.

Oh my gosh- we had a couple of resident hypochondriacs in our hall. (Wouldn't you know I was related to most of them!) I got in big trouble one time because I had passed one of them and they swore I was wearing perfume. Turns out it was my DEODERANT that was too perfumy... sheesh.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    They were afraid that it could electocute us or scare the guest speakers who came to do the hour talk!

Considering some of the sound systems I've seen I wouldn't be surprised. Our congregation was temporarily using a different hall while we were constructing a new one. The sound system was old, and there was a huge mess of wires under the counter. During one meeting I detected a faint smell of burning plastic. I motioned to one elder to get him to come over, and he directed me to keep the sound system on. It got worse, so the elders found a fan, opened the front door to the hall, and set up the fan to blow the ever increasing clouds of smoke out the door. No one was paying attention to the visiting speaker because they were all turning around to see where the smoke was coming from. Still, the elders refused to let me turn off the sound system. After about 20 minutes of this the sound system finally died, the visiting speaker had to raise his voice to be heard, and I got counseled.

W

• undercover
    undercover
    I have seen him stand up to COs several times, even getting downright nasty and going over their head to the DO, then the society if he had to.

There was a PO elder I knew that didn't blink at standing up to the CO. He was an okay elder, but I remember one CO came through who was just a tyrant and our PO knew it. The CO left discouraged and depressed JWs in his wake where ever he served. Our PO paid close attention to the CO and his ways. He realized this guy was misusing his power and basically mentally abusing people. The CO was so brash that he did not stick to the script from the WTS, but put his own twist to things and used the KH stage as his personal platform.

The sound department was set up to record most of the meetings and we would send the tapes to invalid ones who couldn't make it in (this was before phone hookups). The PO came to the sound deparment and asked us to record all the COs talks on a seperate tape and to give it to no one but him. I found out later that he was sending the tapes to the DO and the Society complaining about the CO and his abuse of power.

I never heard what happened as a result, but the CO did get reassigned before his time was up in our area. Coincidence?

• luna2
    luna2

Please refraim from wearing any perfumes or hand lotions

For us it was a CO's wife who supposedly had this problem...but it wasn't just when she had a cold, it was ALL the time. I heard from a friend who was there, that she bolted from a car group into her trailor crying or choking one time because someone had worn hand lotion or washed their hair in scented shampoo and she couldn't take it. I suppose that's one way to get your superstar husband's attention. She never seemed to have a problem digging through dusty, smelly junk at garage sales when she was supposed to be out knocking on doors, though. Hmmmmmm

I assume that there are people who genuinely suffer from hyper-sensativity to perfumes and things, but I really wondered about that CO's wife. I do know that after the first visit from that CO couple, several women in the congo suddenly developed the same problem and could no longer attend meetings because the rest of the "friends" were so uncaring as to continue wearing aftershave, scented deodorant and perfume and lotion, and to wash their hair using scented shampoos or cream rinses.

• Mary
    Mary
    The S.O turns around and says real angry to the sound guy: "Why can't I hear her!"

You should've whispered to him "....because she's mute and is using Sign Language..." and watch the moron look totally embarrassed. LOL!

• Think
    Think

WELCOME TO THE CLUB !

MY Wise leader after meetin told us how to be more "productive" in WT selling: how to "advertise" by givin away a lot of magazines in "short" time so we can save more people.

There was a one small problem:NOBODY ACCEPTED ANYTHING because they know we are protecting pedofiles.

Leader was "deleted"

But... why worry? The poor Leadera are just the products of the society Program: TEACH THE TRUTH" So, there we go, what humans sow, they reaps. That we can see the "good fruits" from the "DEAD WOOD" False Prophet.

Jesus advice? Leave them alone, don't follow them. They are blind. When blind people follow blind people... where they will end up ???

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I assume that there are people who genuinely suffer from hyper-sensativity to perfumes and things...

There are...and it usually has to do with have a lowered immune system or auto-immune disorder. I have celiac and I'm hyper sensitive to a lot of sprayed anything and other chemicals. With all the stress that a JW life puts you under, I'm surprised there aren't more people that have those same issues.

I do know that after the first visit from that CO couple, several women in the congo suddenly developed the same problem and could no longer attend meetings because the rest of the "friends" were so uncaring as to continue wearing aftershave, scented deodorant and perfume and lotion, and to wash their hair using scented shampoos or cream rinses.

Maybe this is a new idea for someone who is wanting to fade? Who's to say that those sisters were just looking for a way to get out of meetings. Sounds pretty smart to me.

*cough cough* I'm so sorry. *sneeze* I just can't be at the meetings *cough* when there is so much *achoo* scent in the air.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I know our church has a separate "fragrance free" section that hyper-sensitive people can sit in. I don't imagine it's that hard to make a few rows of that in the back for those people. But then, that would be the thoughtful thing to do.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are real bootlicking organisation men, why do they have to care so much about the interests of the WTS and act as senior enforcers of its policies? To intimidate the R&F into working hard, with their presence, and keep the elders fearful about their JW tasks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit