My Sercuit Overseer is a JERK!

by stillAwitness 33 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Well my Sercuit Overseer visit was this week and this guy is a real A-hole.

Apparently our mic handlers are pretty slow. They always take forever to give the mic to the hand-raiser and sometimes even forget to turn the stupid things on first.

Well last night, apparently one of the mics were not woking and so of course you couldn't hear the sister giving her comment. I was seated right across from the sound booth with the S.O and his wife seated in the first row in front of it.

The S.O turns around and says real angry to the sound guy: "Why can't I hear her!"

Sheesh!

And of course here comes one of the elders marching over to the sound booth-red in the face reprimanding the por sound guy for something that probably was not even his fault.

I never realized how antsy the elders get when the S.O is around. No wonder one of them were calling me non-stop all week asking me to turn in previous months of field service time. How the hell do you expect me to remember my time for the month of last June??!!

• JH
    JH

Can you feel the LOVE?

I used to boycott the CO week. I missed the meetings and didn't go out in the field service when one of these guys were in town visiting our congregation.

So many would go out in the field service and attend meetings, but when he left, it all came back to normal....

People were all excited that the CO was visiting our congregation.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    So many would go out in the field service and attend meetings, but when he left, it all came back to normal....

Ha! Aint that the truth? He even read the count for the evening and then sai : "WoW! That's 50 more than usual! Perhaps now, we can make that a regular routine."

I saw people there last night that I've never even seen before. (But I'm sure many were saying the same thing about me too. )

• gumby
    gumby
    The S.O turns around and says real angry to the sound guy: "Why can't I hear her!"

Next time the arrogant butthole is on the platform.....why don't you yell out, "speak up, we can't hear ya"! ......................and see what happens. C.O.'s are above the rest. If an elder did what he did, the C.O. would council him for it.

Gumby

• kid-A
    kid-A

Ha ha! god that brings back memories! He sounds like a real prick, which is a common tendency among COs. All I recall from the CO visits was all the phony, fake JWs who hadnt been to a meeting in 3 months would miraculously make appearances at all the meetings that week. What a joke.

• Satanus
    Satanus

About the actual hours that you spent in the fs, that isn't the point. The point is that they need some hours on paper, so they can put on a good show for the co. So, make up however many hours you want for your reports. The more you mark down, the happier they will be. If you mark down near pioneer hours, they will prolly start treating you nice.

S

• Legolas
    Legolas
    I never realized how antsy the elders get when the S.O is around. No wonder one of them were calling me non-stop all week asking me to turn in previous months of field service time. How the hell do you expect me to remember my time for the month of last June??!!

They are like that because they get in trouble if they are not on top of things!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    No wonder one of them were calling me non-stop all week asking me to turn in previous months of field service time. How the hell do you expect me to remember my time for the month of last June??!!

According to testimony giving in many courts of law, local JWs, elders and the Congregations are all independent entities who are acting on their own and in no way represent or act on behalf of the Watchtower Society.... however you better make sure you do everything the WTS tells you to do or you're gonna catch hell!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

That's why I call 'em Circus Serpents, chica!

Frannie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    And of course here comes one of the elders marching over to the sound booth-red in the face reprimanding the por sound guy for something that probably was not even his fault.

I worked on sound for many years, and this was always a source of irritation to me. Every time someone made a comment and no one could hear them most of the congregation would turn around and look in my direction. I assume they were all too stupid to know that there was a switch on the microphone, and that the mic handler was too stupid to turn it on. And the elder that would inevitably run back to see what was wrong was evidently equally stupid.

There's nothing on earth as stupid as a Jehovah Witness.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit