WT about Greed and Money?

by Think 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Think
    Think

Millions of people from personal experience believe that from the beginning this is all about greed and money. Especialy when they claim that no colections are taken, but they lately constantly beg for more money, bank accounts, insurances, real estates, stocks, houses and so on. Can be that this IS the real Truth? Then, should anybody give them any money? There is also concern, that they pressure sick or older people to giv Le them everything they have, constantly sitting at their beds and preaching to them, that this is the last best thing that they should do. Any personal experiences or comments? Can be that they showing now theirs true colors?

• Mary
    Mary

They're greedy, that's for sure. But their goal isn't so much about getting your money. They want your soul.

• VM44
    VM44

The goal of The Watchtower Organization is to continue to exist.

This is done by accumulating money, property, and followers.

The resources are used to maintain the closed world that is The Watchtower.

--VM44

• greendawn
    greendawn

The fact that they do no charity work despite the billions that they are worth proves everything about their greed and unchristian nature.

• geevee
    geevee

They could really buy many small countries, and their interest alone should be covering all expenses without having to beg for another cent.
    Do not put another cent in the box for the www.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    But their goal isn't so much about getting your money. They want your soul.

So they can hand it over to their God when you leave this world.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The Watchtower has a creed of greed with their fraud for God was swindled by the $ociety

How do ya like them catch-phrases?-Danny Haszard

• billyboy
    billyboy

I've been associated with JWs for 40 years and have done much research on this , as it is a particular interest of mine. My conclusion is that , if anything , the WT society are actually quite inadequate when it comes to financial matters and , unlike most other religions , rarely ask for funds. I'm an accountant and have done audits of society projects - it frustrates me sometimes. I've never seen a case of embezzlement and the GB live in rather plain apartments.

In the UK , the Gift Aid penetration is about 25% - other religions and charities are at 70% +.

Watch any "Christian TV" broadcast to see the other side of the coin.

• billyboy
    billyboy

"The fact that they do no charity work despite the billions that they are worth proves everything about their greed and unchristian nature. " Sorry - noticed this ludicrous comment. 1... JWs are set-up to preach about the bible - that is their charitable objective , to witness about Jehovah. They are a religious charity. Does the butcher sell bread? Does a financial adviser give diet advice? 2... Worth billions? I assume you mean in real estate - these buildings are used to house printeries and for accommodation purposes. Don't confuse capital assets with income.

• jgnat
    jgnat

What VM44 said. They are damned inefficient with their funds, and are much more about maintaining what they have than grasping more. 1.3% growth means everything stays the same.

I think they are all about power and control over their members. That is a rush all it's own.

Uhhh, bible studies as a charitable activity? These are excuses for book and magazine sales. Again, there are damned more efficient ways of spreading the gospel. http://www.jesusfilm.org/ http://www.gideons.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit