Re: The "United In Worship" and "Worship The True God" books...

by sf 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sf
    sf

In a search I am doing on some related issues to the Tort essay, I came across something I am hoping others may be able to either confirm and/ or shed 'light' on.

I am only going to paste the text:

The "United in Worship" book was studied before baptizm...it had a very harsh chapter on not taking blood even if you have to die...the new version HAS DELETED THAT WHOLE CHAPTER!!!
    The book "Worship the true God" 2002 is the same except for this. It looks like they are moving away from this embarrasing teaching!!!!

CHAPTER 19-WHAT DOES THE MOSAIC LAW MEAN TO YOU.
    CHAPTER 20- LIFE AND BLOOD DO WE TREAT THEM AS SACRED
    [Old book]

[New book exactly the same but...]

CHAPTER 19- CONTINUE TO SPEAK GODS WORK WITH BOLDNESS
    CHAPTER 20- KEEP CLOSE IN MIND JEHOVAH'S DAY.

[Two new chapters replace the old two]

Both books are still avalible at the kingdom hall.

I was told by a Elder that the watchtower sen't a letter to all Elders and Servants telling them not to disfellowship anyone for taking BLOOD.
    Instead allow the person to show repentence in this difficult stuation OR announce that he or she by their actions"no longer wish to be associated with Jehovah's Witnesses."[same as disfellowshipping] The Society promised countries like Bulgaria that if they get legalized they will not force people to not take blood...but they sneak around that promise!!!

Is this all heresay or can anyone confirm ANY of this?

Thank you.

sKally

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is the original "Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry" book

Here is the new "Organized to do Jehovah's Will" book

With these PDFs you can compare and contrast all you want.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sorry, I posted the wrong books.

I've got a one-track-mind and I was thinking about those.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Your facts are correct, the interpretation of the reason for the ommitted chapters is open to speculation.

The Pre Baptism questions still contain references to the blood policy. Nobody can be baptized unless they give the right answers .

• sf
    sf

E for effort Elsewhere.

sKally

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

United in Worship of the Only True God/1983/page-160/

Thus the sacredness of the blood of Jesus itself is emphasized by God’s law prohibiting any other use of blood. From this it can be seen that any misuse of blood shows gross disrespect for Jehovah’s provision for salvation through his Son.

When faced with a life-or-death situation, how shortsighted it would be to turn one’s back on God! Although we appreciate the services of conscientious doctors, we do not desperately try to keep ourselves or our loved ones alive for a few more days or years by violating God’s law, as if this life were everything. We have faith in the value of Jesus’ shed blood and the eternal life that it makes possible. With our whole heart we believe that faithful servants of God—even those who die—will be rewarded with eternal life.—John 11:25; 1 Tim. 4:10.

• sinis
    sinis
    With our whole heart we believe that faithful servants of God—even those who die—will be rewarded with eternal life.—John 11:25; 1 Tim. 4:10.

Wow, sounds like the mantra of a body bomber.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Yeah,

If a suicide bomber dies he goes to heaven with 70 virgins, if and annointed JW dies he goes to heaven with 143,999 virgins.

• VM44
    VM44

Removed to avoid the wrath of the Muslim hordes. --VM44

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Table of Contents for both books:

United In Worship of the Only True God (1983)--Worship the Only True God (2002)

1)Unity in Worship--What Should It Mean for Unity of Worship in Our Time--What Does It

You? Mean?

2)Magnify Jehovah as the True God Magnify Jehovah as the Only True God

3)Keep a Firm Grip on the Word of God Keep a Firm Grip on the Word of God

4)The One to Whom All the Prophets Bore The One to Whom All the Prophets Bore

Witness Witness

5)Freedom Enjoyed by Worshipers of Jehovah Freedom Enjoyed by Worshipers of Jehovah

6)The Issue That All Creation Has to Face The Issue That We All Have to Face

7)What We Learn From God's Permission of What We Learn From God's Permission of

Evil Wickedness

8)'Wrestling Against Wicked Spirit Forces' 'Wrestling Against Wicked Spirit Forces'

9)Power of the Resurrection Hope The Power of the Resurrection Hope

10)A Kingdom "That Will Not Be Brought to A Kingdom "That Will Never Be Brought to

Ruin" Ruin"

11)'Keep On Seeking First the Kingdom' 'Keep On Seeking First the Kingdom'

12)The Meaning of Your Baptism The Meaning of Your Baptism

13)A Great Crowd Before Jehovah's Throne A Great Crowd Before Jehovah's Throne

14)'I Make a Covenant with You for a Kingdom' 'How Does Jehovah Direct His Organization?

15)How Does Jehovah Direct His Organization? Listen to Counsel, Accept Discipline

16)Listen to Counsel, Accept Discipline "Have Intense Love for One Another"

17)"Have Intense Love for One Another" Practice Godly Devotion at Home

18)We Need to Practice Godly Devotion at Home "They Are No Part of the World"

19)What the Mosaic Law Means to You Continue to Speak God's Word with Boldness

20)Life and Blood--Do You Treat Them As Sacred? Keep Close In Mind Jehovah's Day

21)"They Are No Part of the World" Jehovah's Purpose Attains Glorious Success

22)Continue to Speak God's Word With Boldness

23)Keep Close in Mind Jehovah's Day

24)Jehovah's Purpose Attains Glorious Success There are no new chapters added to the new book, but three chapters from the old book were not included. I put those in red.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit