Re: The "United In Worship" and "Worship The True God" books...

by sf 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• meems101
    meems101

i must comment on the blood issue.

i was raised a witness and have absolutely nothing to do with them anymore. becoming a mother almost 13 years ago helped put so much in perspective for me. this new perspective had started to take shape long before that though.

something that has been on my mind quite a bit recently, was when my friend, david was about 13, my oldest sons age now, he fell or slipped and was cut extremely bad on broken glass from a skylight. his parents refused any blood for him, he died within a very short time. how can someone allow their child to die? how could the so called society allow children to die? so ironic that the story we were told was very different than the truth. i found out the truth of this incident because years later i dated one of the EMT's who was there that day. he was only about 16 or 17 at the time, but it had a lasting impact on him.

several years ago my mother was in a horrific car accident, i was watching my mother die before me because she was holding on to the belief of no blood still, thankfully my father (non witness) and i changed her mind. she would have needlessly died.

• Scully
    Scully
    so ironic that the story we were told was very different than the truth.

So, what really happened?

• meems101
    meems101

he was shoved by a parent during an argument which caused him to fall through the glass. the emt's wanted to administer medical treatment and get him immediately to the hospital, which by the way, was about 3 blocks from their home, the parents refused and made it very clear no blood was to be adminstered to him and to stop all medical treatment. the story we heard was that they tried to have him saved but did refuse any type of blood even the 'approved' substitutes at that time.

• Scully
    Scully

How awful for your friend!! I feel sickened that he died knowing his parent was angry with him, and then refused all treatment that might have saved him.

Have you ever considered contacting the police about this? It sounds very close to a manslaughter or possibly even first or second degree murder charge could be warranted.

• sf
    sf

{{{ meems }}}

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit