A recent Awake that said earth's population would fit in T

by AlmostAtheist 64 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

To think that some people equate overpopulation with a literal shortage of land is comical. The issues of overpopulation are entirely different than that. It's a cheesy way to completely change the nature of the topic and argument and basically be able to say anything you want about it in rebuttal.

• AlanF
    AlanF

That's nothing! If you grind up all the people on earth into the bird food that the Society likes to talk about, you could fit them into a cube only 0.4 miles on a side.

AlanF

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Has anybody been to Texas lately? Take Austin for instance, it is busting at it's seems. I don't like to drive in the current population of Texas, imagine the world's population. I wonder what the suicide rate would be?

Try 290 East into the Galleria (Houston) at "rush hour"... lol Now there is a conflict in terms, "park hour" is more appropriate! Jean

• ballistic
    ballistic

Something else,

If you are "living forever", what proportion of "forever" are you going to be a couple with 3 children?

Will not the children want their own x number of acres?

Then you will be 2 people living in x acres.

Then what if your children want children?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    That's nothing! If you grind up all the people on earth into the bird food that the Society likes to talk about, you could fit them into a cube only 0.4 miles on a side.
    AlanF

And if you dehydrate us first, the required area would be much smaller. AuldSoul

• LDH
    LDH

LOL!!!!!

• LDH
    LDH

Check this out!!! I got a response:

Dear Lisa,
    Thank you for writing. This is not our material. It is not even the
    type of material we publish in Vitality. I do know of a publication
    in Toronto, Canada (416-964-0528) that also uses the name Vitality,
    so there is the possibility that they mean that publication. But this
    is an issue of Awake from 5 years ago, so I'm not sure what could be
    verified.

You could probably find more recent and/or verifiable information on
    this topic with a Web search. Plus, It's an odd analogy, b/c it
    doesn't, at first blush, seem to allow any space for buildings and
    roads and crops and infrastructure and all else that is needed along
    w/living space.

Good luck.
    Sue

Sue Quate
    publisher, Vitality
    Health Ink Communications
    Phone: 267-685-2838 [email protected]

So now we have TWO representatives of Vitality magazine who have stated THIS IS NOT the type of material they would publish.

Lurkers: Where did this quote come from???? Is this more of the WBTS creation of "sources."

Lisa

Checks References Class

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Thanks for that, Lis'.

It might be fun to call Watchtower and ask them for the reference. It would show if they even have the ability to search that sort of info up. If you're interested, their number is 718-560-5000.

Dave

• damselfly
    damselfly

Try the Toronto mag, it sounds like their type of article to me.

Dams

• LDH
    LDH

Damsel,

I already posted my response from the Toronto mag, they said categorically NO!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit