A recent Awake that said earth's population would fit in T

by AlmostAtheist 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Franz
    Franz

I think it's likely that the LORD would use some type of temporal disturbance. Consider: In the chair I sit in, a few minutes ago a cat was in this chair. We are actually both in the chair, Im in it at 12:54 and he's in it at 12:44. Perhaps the LORD will see fit to separate the Earths population into 1/7ths perhaps seperated in time by a year or so, allowing multiple people to share a certain physical location.

• Mum
    Mum

What a "species-ist" remark! Where would all of the animals live. We need to allow room in each household (property?) for one of each species of animal on earth, particularly rats which proliferate in high population areas.

Would there be any public-use areas or vacant land/open space? Maybe we don't really need that. But I love wildflowers.

My points are probably moot, since only JW's will survive armageddon, and their numbers are dwindling as populations become better educated and less malnourished.

Regards,

SandraC

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL....What a utopia that would be! Incidentally, for purposes of comparison, Mexico City has a population density similar to what you calculated, Dave. 13,000,000 people in 571 square miles is about 1224 square feet per person. Talk about spacious! Where do I sign up?

SNG

• Will Power
    Will Power

Maybe this Vitality Magazine is where Brooklyn gets its ideas for their educational AWAKE! articles.

quote:

Healthy Food, Healthy Planet

The Bad News: According to a group of scientists in the July 22, 2005 issue Science, world land use is the most important environmental issue currently facing the planet.

“Short of a collision with an asteroid, land use by humans is the most significant impact on the world’s biosphere,” according to Jonathan A. Foley, lead author of the Science paper.

The current rate at which conventional agriculture is sucking up resources, and natural ecosystems are being converted to agriculture could prove catastrophic to the planet.

.....It’s a crazy mixed-up world, or so it seems in this year just drawing to a close. Earthquakes, hurricanes, wars, record heat waves, you name it, this year has witnessed it . . .

here's the link http://www.vitalitymagazine.com/index.php

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

And quoting from another source supports their theory. Wait.... not theory.... factoid.

• LDH
    LDH

http://www.vitalitymagazine.com

I'm going to let them know that they are being plagarized. Let's make sure the WT hasn't violated any copyrights. We all know how they hate copyright violators 'like' Quotes.

You made laugh Will.
    He made me laugh too.
  • LDH
    LDH

Can someone send me a copy of the Awake magazine that contains this ridiculous quote? I bet they took it out of context.

• ackack
    ackack

Franz, sounds like you've read Dayworld.

ackack

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

ABOUT VITALITY MAGAZINE

Vitality Magazine is Eastern Canada's largest publication on natural health, alternative medicine, and green living. It is available free in selected outlets across the province of Ontario.

Hmmmm....Sure does not sound like a magazine a DUB would be reading.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

LDH! I just emailed the editor also!

I said I was a college student, posted the quote and asked her if she knew which issue that quote is in for a research paper I'm doing.

Let's see if that quote was even written that way. You know how the WT takes things out of context.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit