A recent Awake that said earth's population would fit in T

by AlmostAtheist 64 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

(No pun intended).

I've received a reply from the very kind editor who says:

Lisa,

Thanks for your question. This is certainly interesting . . . but I think you may have us mistaken with the Vitality Magazine out of Yardley, Pennsylvania? Maybe? We have definitely never run an article that suggested what you've read.
    Incidentally, do you know why more than just you would be asking about this? Because less than an hour before you sent this e-mail I received the exact same question from someone else.

Cheers,

HA!!!!! I'm taking up the mantle with Yardley out of Pennsylvania!!!!

• LDH
    LDH

UPDATE:

My reply to the editor:

Paul, Your courtesy is most appreciated. There is a 'community' of Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses who find their literary habits quite disturbing. Frequently, remarks are taken out of context or the meaning changed entirely, all with no copyright permissions in place. In any event, having been raised as a Jehovah's Witness for the first 21 years of my life before coming to my senses, I try to react quickly when I find instances where credible sources have been pillaged and plundered without their knowledge, and against their mission. What they do with the news is up to them.

Lisa

Strikes while the iron is hot, Class

• Maryjane
    Maryjane
    did you subtract the 6 million JWs? - they are not part of this world.wp

ROFLMBAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh...I spit out my water on this one.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Contacting Vitality magazine of Yardley, Pennsylvania.

http://www.vitality.com/contactus.html

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

These kind of magazines have to be sourced well enough to find them, because it is likely that most States have a magazine called Vitality.

Vitality Magazine8080 N Central Expy - Dallas, TX

It could be this one, in Texas.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• LDH
    LDH

Auld, will you contact the one in Texas?

Jgnat and I have contacted the one in PA>

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

Has anybody been to Texas lately? Take Austin for instance, it is busting at it's seems. I don't like to drive in the current population of Texas, imagine the world's population. I wonder what the suicide rate would be?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

LDH,

There is no phone number or email address for them, the phone number I found is no longer in service. I also located a court battle between them and Yardley's "Vitality" which Yardley won, regarding the use of the name.

However, I found an independent source (CBS News) from 1994 that made a similar calculation and claim when the earth's population was tagged at 5.6 billion people. I am willing to conceded that a magazine titled "Vitality" published it much as recorded, although most families are not families of five.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• vomit
    vomit

Almost A

"Well, I'm sure Jehovah will work it all out. After all, it's his arrangement! And his word doesn't return to him without results."

Ha ha funny.

But here is one that will stump all of you.
    300 million years ago the earth was twice as big as it is now. Infact the earth is constantly shrinking.
    Texas will technicaly be smaller than it is now in a few million years.

Dont mix this up with Pangaea though some wack a doos think the earth is bigger because the continent broke up.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Just wait until w bush hears about this. He'll be speachless.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit