What do you do with all your old Watchtowers and Awake magazines?

by DaveNwisconsin 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Last month my JW mother died and suddenly we have years worth of these marked up, highlighted magazines. I thought about throwing them out but then thought maybe I could make Christmas decorations for my tree next year out of them. How about a list of things I can do with Moms old cult books and magazines?

• greendawn
    greendawn

It may not be a good idea to throw them away especially if they are old because there are some researchers or collecters that buy them, they can be sold on e bay.

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Well that all sounds fine but I really want some creative ideas on what to do. I will think about Ebay, do you get more for them than the dime they cost when you get them at the door?

• TopHat
    TopHat

Well, I could say use them in the fireplace, but they might poison the air! I have old WT books and mags that I want to throw out....just put them in the garbage and be done with them!

• carla
    carla

Please donate them to an anticult ministry. Many jw's will not accept scanned or xeroxed copies of old literature and need to see the real deal. Maybe Randy at Freeminds? or any one of the many, many other anticult ministries would be glad to accept them. Some of the older publications are worth quite a lot!

• TopHat
    TopHat

hmmm, creative suggestion huh!

Put them in boxes and use them as side tables with a nice cloth on top. OR if you want to show them off...frame a few with glue in a large frame and hang them on the wall.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Do anything you want with them, as long as it keeps them out of the hands of the general public. No need to help them circulate their teachings. If you decide to put them on ebay, consider putting some apostate talk in your auction so the dubs and general public will be less likely to buy them with the intention of believing the contents.

Someone gave me some Scientology books recently. I accepted them and soaked them in water long enough to ensure they were illegible, then put them in the recycling bin. Somewhere, someone is recycling the books into toilet paper now.

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Rebel I like that idea even if it makes me feel just a little crappy! I would hate to think I am wiping with something that could definately scratch the skin!

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Randy at Freeminds might be interested in some of the older books to put in his store.

• Clothman
    Clothman

Dave

I work in exit counselling with JW's (and other groups). I'm trying to find a few specific items for my reference library .I'd be most interested in things before 1951 or newer than 1998. There are also a few odd items I need in the middle. Is there a way to send a private message on this system? I'd like details of what you have available.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit