Do active jw's count their time they post here for field service?

by HockeyMullet 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

I'm just curious. It looks like there's a couple "unbaptised" individuals here. I suppose you wouldn't have to detail it in the service reports, although I haven't filled one out for quite a while.

Maybe instead of magazines placed you could record "replies to thread."

Just a thought.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Well you know it's cold and snowy here in the mid-west, can't blame them for being resouceful !

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

resourceful

• IP_SEC
  • Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hmm, if I would have known of those boards when I was still trying to be doing more hours without actually leaving the house, I would have done it. Of course, being on this board would have made my leaving the JWs much MUCH faster.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

So how do you think they count the time ? ( may be good for future reference) Does it end with last posting or with their own last comment ? " By the way would you boys be interested in the latest magazine , this issue helps us to identify some of the common pitfalls of material prosperity and discusses how to avoid them ."

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I do

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Computers are listed as a "preaching advancement" in the "Awake" so by using this JWs could justify using the computer and count every minute they spend posting on forums. They count "telephone" conversations on their field service reports, so why not computer time also!

Awake-88-4-8-p.-12

A

Unique Warning Work

There is still another facet of Jesus’ prophecy that is being fulfilled in a remarkable way. He foretold that a great preaching work, a witnessing work, would be carried out in all the nations before the end would come. (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10) And it would be done within the lifetime of the generation of 1914. This has been possible only in the 20th century when modern advances in transport, communication, computers, and printing have permitted Jehovah’s Witnesses to extend their vast educational work in some 200 languages throughout the earth.

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

Reminds me of the old debate on when to start the time in a car group. Did it start when you left the kh parking lot or at the first door? So here, would it start when you open a web browser or when you click "reply" on a site?

interesting

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

And it's such a sweet deal you can be on constant coffee break while preaching ! I may have just found a way to aux.pioneer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit